Tap water and Prime for initial fill

  • Thread starter Thread starter R6REEFER
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Incorrect. There is no MCL for TDS, look it up. Since it is not a measurement of anything specific and not a health risk there is only a number pulled out of who knows where as a "guideline". It means nothing and is not enforceable. I should know, I have operated public water systems for 40 years.
 
I ran my hose up the side of my house threw my window into my rodi unit acually handled head pressure verywell but took about 2 days for 120 gallon well worth it, if you use tap phosphate will seep into your dry rock and causr problems for you for about a about 2 months
 
Unless you want to exhaust a pound of gfo dont do it , trust me i didnt wanna wait either and in staten island or brooklyn tds is only 40 45 and still had problems with phos on my first 2 tank because of initial fill
 
You are rolling the dice if you have no idea what's in your water. RODI all the way
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new