Target mandarin and flat worm question

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
2,552
Reaction score
232
Location
VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a whole bunch of flat worms and so i bought a mandarin its the target green kind since they didnt have any regular blue and red ones at the moment. Will the target mandarin eat flat worms just like the regular blue and red ones?
 
IME some do and some don't. I currently have 2 green target mandarins and one I have seen eat planaria and the other I haven't seen eat anything but pods.
 
I have one, but I don't think he's eating any flatworms. He's extremely fat, but I think that's just cause I have a good pod population in that tank.
 
:/ so i guess it does vary on each mandarin... i have seen less flatworms but then they come and go so i dont see them out all the time since they hide a lot.

my flatworms seem bigger than normal and theyre really gold anyone has same ones? i wish i had a picture to show but no camera at the moment
 
I have a regular green mandarin and he never ate any of my flatworms - at least not to make any difference in them. I got a McKoskers Flasher Wrasse and the flatworms were gone within a week.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new