Taste the rainbow

Aqua Man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like skittles!! Must be tasty!! So what is it that seems to be bothering mine? Small colony of Gatorades gone in a few days!
Last couple nights I’ve been trying to find the culprit because IT has moved onto another colony.

Tank, 20 gallon long
Only 1 fish, yellow tail Damsel.

CUC, snails only unless my 1 blue leg hermit shows up again. Noticed his/her last shell has been vacant for couple days now.
9BF1B32A-AD5D-48ED-BC21-65EB1DCECA83.jpeg

photo courtesy of Algae barn.

These large Amphipods are the only thing I’ve seen around the Zoas. At least 15 with a quick count. At night, with a flashlight and was kinda shocked at how many I saw. Also shocked at how big they are, 1/4” long at least!!!

How to get rid of them??

As always, thank you for your time

OP
OP
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update
D47A555F-E280-406A-81E9-735BC3BFED99.jpeg

photo taken yesterday.
Coral Rx definitely helped, Zoa looking better. Some of the skirts that were eaten away are growing back. One tiny polyp of Gatorade Zoas looks like it may make it. Also picked up a Six line wrasse. Wrasse and Damsel get along nicely. The Wrasse is a bit over 1 inch and is healthy and fun to watch.

Thank you again everyone for the advice!

Upvote 0

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update
D47A555F-E280-406A-81E9-735BC3BFED99.jpeg

photo taken yesterday.
Coral Rx definitely helped, Zoa looking better. Some of the skirts that were eaten away are growing back. One tiny polyp of Gatorade Zoas looks like it may make it. Also picked up a Six line wrasse. Wrasse and Damsel get along nicely. The Wrasse is a bit over 1 inch and is healthy and fun to watch.

Thank you again everyone for the advice!

Looking good! Some of my Gammarus amphipods were getting close to 1/2" and they are strong and nasty at that size.

Upvote 0
Back