TDS input same as output

ChrissyK75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a BRS 4 stage value plus water saver 150GPS RODI system. Everything has been working perfectly for months and then all of a sudden my TDS started creeping up to 2-4 on the output. Then I noticed that the input is reading about the same as the output. Literally nothing has changed that I'm aware of. Resin didn't look spent but I changed it anyway (per BRS directions on youtube). No channeling that I can see. Also changed out sediment and carbon filters just to say I addressed everything that could be the issue. Changed the TDS meter thinking maybe that was damaged somehow. Made sure probes were positioned properly when installing new meter. Pressure is well above 60. Put on a pump to see if that would do anything and it did not. I'm at a loss here. Any thoughts/advice on what else I can try before I scrap this whole thing and get a new one? It's less than a year old.

OP
OP
ChrissyK75

ChrissyK75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you reading the TDS? My RO came with a metering device; I don't go by it.
It was with the TDS meter that came with the unit. Had been working fine as far as I could see. Higher on the input with zero on the output. The it went wonky all of a sudden with no identifiable cause. After changing all the filters and resin with no resolution, I changed out the meter. Still the same issue. This is the meter I'm using.
Screenshot 2023-01-07 at 1.56.21 PM.png

OP
OP
ChrissyK75

ChrissyK75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked the TDS out of the membranes before the DI?

What is the incoming TDS?
Right now the incoming is reading the same as the outgoing TDS which I know can't be true. I have not done anything with the membranes as the unit is less than a year old and I'm not making high volumes of water on a regular basis.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 35 29.7%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back