Temperature/Salinity

  • Thread starter Thread starter e.litvin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

e.litvin

unregistered
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
185
Reaction score
5
Location
Fort Myers, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was curious what all you breeding experts have your salinity and temperature at. I heard once someone switched up the salinity a little and their clowns finally laid eggs within the week, does salinity help or was that a coincidence? Also heard, if you run your tank too hot for too long the female will be unable to produce eggs? I know not everything on the internet is true, thats why I'm asking the pros!

So basically what salinity and temp do you run your broodstock tanks at?

Thanks
 
I run my salinity @ 1.020 and Temp 82. My pairs spawn just fine with these parameters.
 
82 @ 1.020 last I checked.

I always bought the whole "Wild clowns spawn during the summer months when temps are high and run off from melting snow causes the salinty to drop" bit.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new