• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Tenecor Tank - BEWARE- Do not buy!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
OP
OP
O

OutdoorLife77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1697569238467.png
6DF64C27-769C-48C4-B43A-E92665C237F7_1_201_a.jpeg

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they say 45”*45”*20” which is indeed 175 gallons but only for a rectangular tank. With no schematic it could be anything.
If they are counting the long ends as 45” then it is obviously about 60% of a rectangular tank. Probably 110-140 gallons?? Something like that.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Perhaps they were meant to come with sump initially for a total of 175 Gallon?

Need to loop in @TenecorAquariums to be fair.

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is so simple guys.

They advertise it right there as 45x45x20. A 45x45x20 rectangular tank is 175g. Now cut an entire corner off? Much less than 175 gallons. Someone at tenecor messed this up.

They probably stuck 45 inches in for both the long side and the short side and got 175 gallons. If the long side is 45 inches then, being generous, the short side is 10 inches, and the entire volume is 125 gallons.

And I would be completely not shocked if the customer service rep at the company didn't understand any of this. I can remember arguing with verizon when they thought 0.01$ was the same as 0.01¢.

OP
OP
O

OutdoorLife77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the site and calculator Tenecor told me to use to verify size. LOL

Attachments

• 6DF64C27-769C-48C4-B43A-E92665C237F7_1_201_a.jpeg
    6DF64C27-769C-48C4-B43A-E92665C237F7_1_201_a.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 64

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
see "pentagon" calculator above thread
Hi there. First of all, you are correct. The dimensions and gallons are for a rectangular aquarium. The listings are being corrected. The rep you were in contact with, she no longer is with team. Conincidently this morning we reviewed your email threads with her and her supervisor should have contacted you by now to make arrangements to return the aquarium. Her tone of voice was not appropriate. That is not how we operate.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is so simple guys.

They advertise it right there as 45x45x20. A 45x45x20 rectangular tank is 175g. Now cut an entire corner off? Much less than 175 gallons. Someone at tenecor messed this up.

They probably stuck 45 inches in for both the long side and the short side and got 175 gallons. If the long side is 45 inches then, being generous, the short side is 10 inches, and the entire volume is 125 gallons.

And I would be completely not shocked if the customer service rep at the company didn't understand any of this. I can remember arguing with verizon when they thought 0.01$ was the same as 0.01¢.
The rep dealing with this person did exactly what you said. She entered the two dims as both the long and short legs. She is a very sweet young lady. A third grade school teacher and was having a bad time due to some personal issues with her little boy. She is back to teaching and regrets being short with this buyer.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone who is following this thread. This situation has been bothering me and I did further research. Although @OutdoorLife77 is correct that the capacity was incorrect and yes, his representative should not have had that tone with him, there is more to the story. The pentagon model aquarium we built him was recently redesigned from 48x48 (LxW) to 45x45 (LxW). This is to keep the cost of the aquarium reasonable by being able to cut the top and bottom of the tank out one sheet of acrylic instead of two. Sheets are generally 48 inches wide which leaves very little margin for fabrication. See this image image.png

After the redesign, our representative tried to recalculate the new capacity and mistakenly entered the dimensions into an online volume calculator. @OutdoorLife77 tank is a beautiful aquarium with absolutely flawless seams. After he received it, he said we sent him the wrong lids because they were "white" instead of clear. His representative explained to him there was a white protective film on the polycarbonate lids and he simply had to peel it off. He then mentioned the capacity of the tank was misrepresented and wanted free stuff to compensate him. The rep at first offered to refund him and take back the aquarium without any cost to him. From that point on, it is not clear what happened. He disputed the credit card charge and we did not fight it. We simply wanted the guy to return the tank if he did not want it. The rep at first did say there was a restock fee but that was waived after we discovered our mistake in the calculations.

At this point, @OutdoorLife77 went dark on us and did not reply to numerous phone calls and emails to arrange for the return of his aquarium. He also has not yet paid for the tank and essentially wants to keep it for no charge. To be clear, the rep dealing with him should not have had that tone of voice. She was not fired or let go. She will be returning next year after the school season and once again will be working customer service.

@OutdoorLife77, please post some pics of your aquarium. It should have cycled and established nicely by now. And when you get a chance, maybe pay for it.

All the best.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back