Test adding a video to the R2R forum please

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,873
Reaction score
122,534
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We are working on adding a option to allow you to upload a video straight from your phone or computer to the forums instead of having to upload them to youtube or vimeo and then linking them back here.

Right now the button graphic is not right but I would like to see if this mod will work for you. Also let me know your thoughts on improving it.

For now the upload is here:
Untitled-20.jpg


The videos will actually be hosted on a new forum youtube account for R2R members.

Try it out and see if it will work! HA!

Untitled-10.jpg
 
Come on peeps!!!
 
I just tried an m4v file on my Mac (video I'm pretty sure was shot on my iPhone) and got an error.
 


Nada, nothing, no can do. .mov

When i choose my .mov file and then try to upload, it clears it out.
 
Just shot a quick video with the tablet to test .

EDIT...mine acted like it was working but it doesn't appear to play here.

 
 
Needs some work.
First received an error with the upload
After the retry there was a zero upload
I am trying to upload via I pad

I like this option
 
I'm not much of a video guy myself, but once you get this working David, which I know you will, this seems like it should be a lot easier for folks.
 
We currently have it set to where the videos are private to be approved. That will change once we get the bugs out.

Thanks for the feedback so far.
 
Can y'all try again and maybe some more people test?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new