Teton mustang Ranch...RS~ 300 G2 seahorse build.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do a build thread when you get it up. i'll be fallowing for sure. :)
Will do! Tank actually arrives Wednesday but it's going to be a downsize tank from my cade 1200 until after the move when the house is done. Once we move, everything will go back into the 1200 from the cade 600 and the cube will become the pony tank. Gear all arrived this week for it, figured I'd go ahead and plumb in the uv sterilizer from the start. You can likely get some sneak peeks of the tank itself on my boring mixed reef thread in the upcoming weeks, but I'll be photographing and documenting to start it's own thread once everything moves back to the normal home.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do! Tank actually arrives Wednesday but it's going to be a downsize tank from my cade 1200 until after the move when the house is done. Once we move, everything will go back into the 1200 from the cade 600 and the cube will become the pony tank. Gear all arrived this week for it, figured I'd go ahead and plumb in the uv sterilizer from the start. You can likely get some sneak peeks of the tank itself on my boring mixed reef thread in the upcoming weeks, but I'll be photographing and documenting to start it's own thread once everything moves back to the normal home.

nice! looks like you like cade tanks. I have never seen one in person. they seem like great tanks. love the stand and electric section on them.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Progress is slow my project seems to always get out on the back Burner but I got the plumbing installed decided to go with the red Sea G2 red diaphragm downflow valve.
we will see how that works.

71264B99-95BD-439C-A286-8608FC6F8644.jpeg

as you can see the skimmer is huge for the tank :D barely fits just a few CM to spare!

now to get on the UV plumbing and figure out what power strips I want to use.

it's gonna be a very packed sump. I think I found the red sea reefmat 500 to add the the mix. a not so local fish store said he had one. ( other side of the state ) just got to pay for the shipping.
know more in a cpl days.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's this tank coming along? Any more progress yet?

@Devaji get the tank wet yet, or is it still backburnered?

Hey Sorry. this has to be the slowest build thread ever...no tank is still empty. we thought we where gonna live a year abroad come April. but that idea feel through so no getting back into the tanks.

more to come soon!

Eric R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Sorry. this has to be the slowest build thread ever...no tank is still empty. we thought we where gonna live a year abroad come April. but that idea feel through so no getting back into the tanks.

more to come soon!
Oh, I have some equally slow build threads.... Looking forward to seeing some progress!

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK small update i have some time to play with the tank and unpack some goodies I got for it.

my UV will not fit where I planed for it. I swear i double check this but with the bulb it to long to fit next to the sump. it OK tho I have other mounting option that might be better.

the G2 sock area is in there really good. look like I might have to get the sump wet to get it out so i can plumb in the reef mat 500.

the last few tank builds i used real reef rock and loved the stuff. ordered from ebay aways was very happy this time I got a 50# box from BRS. I am under whelmed. was thinking about returning it and going with something else. IDK yet. I kinda want to get the scape started. but on the other hand dont want to rush it and not be happy with it.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got the rock & cement in. just waiting on the sBRS supper glue

also picked another BRS mini reactor with sicce .5 pump.

I spend more hours today than i would like to admit going over my light. the new AI blade kinda look nice. light spill is a huge concern for the other half so the idea of tank mounted light seem cool. hover 8" seems to be the speed spot. prob less light spill than a pair of primes even with the diffuses on.

found my old 36" build my LED and clean it up a bit might play around with it on the tank tomorrow just to see how it looks. from what I can find on par values one light is under powered for what i want to do with it. to bad they stop making these where the best strip lights on the market at the time and still after many years give the new tech. a run for there money.

I have some days off alone this week gonna spend it working on the tank. hopefully I get a ton ton.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Progress is slow on this build.
but I did get some things done.
trying to do it right from the get go..

got the UV mounted. Was able to use the extra wood that comes with the stand to mount it.
BF56FCAC-2BEE-45A7-9DEB-90FB03AC8963.jpeg

cut is down to size and mounted to the stand.
4483037B-91A6-40A8-9710-C1A34C28A7AC.jpeg

Another angle
283C1E48-6774-46EC-A26B-C4A8B908F326.jpeg

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this configuration give me room for the BRS mini reactor, bio media and the pumps for the UV and reactor.

BUT ....guess what I cant get the skimmer collection up out with out romoving the reef mat 500.
Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons

have a option or two jut need to see what I want to go with.
I guess what is what you get when you go with a way over sized skimmer.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was really thinking about this install for the UV -25W aqua ultraviolet. Was convinced that was the way I was gonna do it. Called them. Of course they have to say don’t. Talked to an installer he saw nothing wrong but had to saw don’t. The fear is it tipping over and getting the power source wet.

A0C1251B-E33F-4CA8-8FF9-9014C47A1349.jpeg

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much of a chance if it tipping over in that right of space but had 2 more ideas.
I could lower it where my 1st mounting choice was that should give me room to get the skimmer cup out.

a few min later and had one UV clamp mounted on the stand and the UV installed.
B338B3A4-B604-4422-9BFC-A8A1D7BA9B6C.jpeg

dang I forgot to account for the E drain. so that will not work either. ugg dang UV is really being a pain in the bum.

SO now I can go back to in the sump OR just mount on on the right side of the stand. I was trying to leave that space open for a pull out controller board. but have other ideas there too.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some aqua scaping done the other day.

not 100% complete yet but this is what I have so far.
7483E96E-057E-4F7B-BFBD-49DC849B4CFB.jpeg

lookers right not dif. not done a lot more work needs to happen there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working with the real reef rock when you making a NSA style aqua scape is kinda a pain.
when you break it up your left with a lot of bright white pieces.

9E9C65F8-112C-4839-805C-7611AC08650E.jpeg
F34CC82C-1272-4272-A2F8-E60B3FA45996.jpeg

you end up speeding WAY for time on your scape trying to fit all the pieces where the colorful side is out. in the regardes the marco rock is better just bust it up and scape.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping to have the aquascape done but I re-injured my back. so i was out for a few days suffering from old man back...lol

but I did decide on my lighting. I went with 2X AL blade grow. I went back n forth between 1 grow and 1 glow but needed to make a choise so went with the grow as the tank will have macros and the grow has a little more of the wramer NM of light.

they should be here next week some time. hopefully by then I'll have the scape done and in the tank.

in the mean time in need to decide on the flow. I am 95% sure I am gonna go with the jebao SCP 90 for a cpl reason.
1. I will need the mp40s on the 200 FOWLR
2. slim low profile I can add to one side
3. cost effective at $105 I can get three for what 1 mp40/RS gyre would run me.
4. if I need 2 it will fit on the back wall nest to the over flow.

that said I was really looking in to the Tunze nanostream 6095. nice wide flow can point in many different angels not to big for the flow. but most of all they last. at least that what I read on here.

but 2 would run me around $550 so that is 5 replacement jebao's. the last jebaos I ran lasted around 2 years.

if I came across a pair of MP10/40s for cheap i would think about that to. but chances of that are somewhat slim.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st impression of the Blade are pretty good.
no sloppy work or exposed wires like I have seen in other copies. Opened one so far

connection to the AI app was fast and easy.

best of all ultra low profile on the tank.
Here is a pic of the blade next to a built my led light bad next to an Ai prime for reference.
15090088-C172-420D-843C-27E66475C7CA.jpeg

Royal_pudding

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good man.
Waiting on my Blade, going to mount it inside a canopy. Have you checked the temperature these get to?

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good man.
Waiting on my Blade, going to mount it inside a canopy. Have you checked the temperature these get to?

no just got it last night played with it for about 1--15 min after work. there passive cool why the full body alum. frame. kinda like a mac laptop. I have seen video on YT where ppl say they get warm to touch when on for many hours. I would speculate if you have a small fan in your canopy or even vent hole would would be fine.

these seems like there going to be a ton cooler than alot of lights out there.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back