Texas holy rock

Ryan1277

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2020
Messages
40
Reaction score
10
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else use holy rock/limestone for saltwater tanks? I know it’s popular for Africa cichlids tanks. I actually like it much better then the normal purple live rock

F6C77B6F-A54E-42E0-B047-23BB1C6C0BA5.jpeg
 
Anyone else use holy rock/limestone for saltwater tanks? I know it’s popular for Africa cichlids tanks. I actually like it much better then the normal purple live rock

F6C77B6F-A54E-42E0-B047-23BB1C6C0BA5.jpeg
I’ve never used it myself, but it has a unique look!

I typically break my rocks apart in places and glue them together to make the shapes I want and that rock looks difficult to chisel so it might not be the best for my aquascaping approach.
 
I lived in Texas and its a big no.... Go to melevs reef and ask him
 
I mean people have used it but i wouldnt if i was you. Anybody can do whatever they want.
 
I’ve used it for over 6 months, no issues yet I know of, just a fish only tank. Levels always seem good. Plenty of hiding holes
 
Texas Holey Rock is a very dense rock which does not allow microbes to penetrate the surface (think of ocean live rock as a household sponge and harbor for bacterial colonies). Its not porus....Used for a Fish only tank FO tank i guess you could but not for a reef. Its heavy too
 
Not a reef tank though right
 
So that would be fine as long as you know are not going to do a full on reef setup
 
Correct, I haven’t gotten into corals yet, just fish. This is a 75 gallon tank with a refugium sump below with a few live rocks in the sump and cheato stocked with copepods
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new