Thank You Neptune

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MK300

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a shout out to Neptune for the great customer service and the replacement of my WAV pumps that stopped working after 6 months.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you got taken care of. I have a Cor20 that is 2 months old sitting in the box over a failed controller. Bought from a "diamond" dealer and they wanted me to give them a $99 deposit on a new controller. Yea I told them where they can stick it and bought another brand....

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you got taken care of. I have a Cor20 that is 2 months old sitting in the box over a failed controller. Bought from a "diamond" dealer and they wanted me to give them a $99 deposit on a new controller. Yea I told them where they can stick it and bought another brand....
They do refund the 99$ after item is verified under warranty. This is done to cover the cost if it turns out to be damage from like saltwater which is not a manufacture defect. And I’m sure they explained that to you in the email

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always had great service from Neptune when I needed it.

ChuckTownReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do refund the 99$ after item is verified under warranty. This is done to cover the cost if it turns out to be damage from like saltwater which is not a manufacture defect. And I’m sure they explained that to you in the email

Or if you keep both items.

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a used Apex controller from somebody on this forum. When it arrived it was unable to connect to the internet. I setup a support call with Neptune. The call was less than 2 minutes, and the controller was determined to have a failure. They asked for the deposit. I paid it; they sent me a replacement controller that worked and I just got the deposit refunded yesterday. Neptune knew that I bought the controller used and they took care of me regardless.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a business owner myself it's the principal of the deposit on something that has a warranty in the first place. As if they automatically assume you are trying to cheat them somehow. Not doing it... It's strictly principal for me. It was either ride the hamster wheel or lose my livestock. I just won't buy Neptune ever again that's all. I ran the pump stand alone thank God I didn't buy into the whole setup. I'll sell it if anybody wants it. The pump works great but doesn't do much good without the stand alone controller. I assume you wouldn't need it if you were running Apex.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a business owner myself it's the principal of the deposit on something that has a warranty in the first place. As if they automatically assume you are trying to cheat them somehow. Not doing it... It's strictly principal for me. It was either ride the hamster wheel or lose my livestock. I just won't buy Neptune ever again that's all. I ran the pump stand alone thank God I didn't buy into the whole setup. I'll sell it if anybody wants it. The pump works great but doesn't do much good without the stand alone controller. I assume you wouldn't need it if you were running Apex.
I’ve worked for ford 25years now. And even we quote you 159$ for diagnosis on your brand new 2021 expedition with 2,000 miles on it And tell you upfront if it’s not covered under warranty you will be paying the $159 but if it is covered under warranty you will not pay it. Although you say that they automatically assume that you’re going to Cheat them let me point out that this world has more people who cheat others than people who do right by others so think about it it. You would be surprised how how many people come in to the dealership with rodent damage under the hood and sit there and try to complain how they feel it still should be covered under warranty ( probably you at one time) same thing with salt water inside of a device people still try to argue the fact that it should be covered under warranty when it should not be. This deposit is put in place to protect the company from dishonest people

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly why I have a fleet of tacos... Zero maintenance costs and they don't need diagnostics because they always run as they should. My power strokes left me dead on the road more times than any truck I've ever owned. Well Dodge is a close 2nd. My repair costs are next to zero except for tires. 90% of the time they are towing. Anyway no more Neptune for me. To give you an example. My lowly current setup I run on one of my tanks. The Bluetooth controller was having some difficulty connecting and I emailed them and 2 days later there was a brand new one in my mailbox. No questions asked no deposit they just took care of it like any good business would do.. The tank with the failed Neptune has about 5k in livestock in it. Either buy a pump or let them kick the can down the road. So I bought another brand.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back