That Orange Fuzzy Drip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Palinurellus wieneckii is a lobster that has the brilliant coloration of having already been cooked when it hasn't! Not to worry though, even though these small lobsters do (rarely) show up in rural fish markets, you're not likely to see one at your local grocery store (cooked or raw!) The fact that they are fuzzy makes them look even cooler in aquariums, but perhaps less appetizing... In fact, you're not very likely to see them ever! Even as an aquarium inhabitant, these are an anomaly, which is a bit of a shame. There aren't a ton of “lobsters” that make great aquarium pets. Usually they are too big, need water temperatures that are too cold, and / or are wildly destructive little buggers; none of these issues are a problem with the Orange Furry Lobster!

Lighting isn't an issue for Palinurellus wieneckii except for their being nocturnal. You may find it easier to train them for daylight appearances in displays that are more dimly lit. This training isn't hard but does take patience. Initially offer them their food when the lights go out, or in the morning before they go on. Shift this time further into daylight over several weeks and sooner or later, they will become bolder. You'll need to feed your lobster a few times a week. Very small specimens (under two inches) should be offered food every day. Whatever they don't take within a couple hours should be removed from the tank. Their wild food is rich in protein; they will gladly take meaty chunks of silverside, or cockle on half shell, krill etc. All of these are available from Gamma Foods and that is what we are feeding our Orange Fuzzy Lobsters in house. Click here to learn more

1545237-12-12-23.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back