That's Better!

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added a Reef Brite fixture and upgraded the flow in my 75 gallon sps tank. The coral seem more vibrant and I am noticing some color shifts in a couple acros. The R2R sign definitely compliments the tank too! Happy Reefing! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
PSX_20231118_125542.jpg

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quite a bit of flow for medium size tank but with all the full size colonies and large plating corals you probably needed multiple pumps in different spots to prevent dead zones.

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quite a bit of flow for medium size tank but with all the full size colonies and large plating corals you probably needed multiple pumps in different spots to prevent dead zones.
Yeah, since I added more light, I added more flow. The tank is 48" long, and has a Jebao 120 gyre, Jebao 150 gyre, and a Jebao sow4 wavemaker. I may turn the flow down a little as the sand is starting to blow around. But coral are looking better. I was getting a lot of shading before from Kessils alone.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, since I added more light, I added more flow. The tank is 48" long, and has a Jebao 120 gyre, Jebao 150 gyre, and a Jebao sow4 wavemaker. I may turn the flow down a little as the sand is starting to blow around. But coral are looking better. I was getting a lot of shading before from Kessils alone.
I've actually turned my flow way down the past year from where it was with terrific results but I have a mixed reef SPS dominant tank similar to your size. I only peak at 26% flow intensity during the day.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 92 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back