The Acclimation Box: Can This Thing Really Work?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am attempting to introduce a second flame angel to my tank. Here is why the socialization box is helpful .....

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am attempting to introduce a second flame angel to my tank. Here is why the socialization box is helpful .....

Best of luck. My Chevron got beat up a little after coming out but overall I think he’ll make it. Got some more fin damage but he is a trooper

Denlinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up...hopefully all that use suction cups work better than the 'Acclimate' model. Right from the start the suction cups (all 3) failed at some point. IMO I'd like one that hangs on.

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When using the acclimation box for a sand burying wrasse like the melanurus, is it recommended to put a small tub of sand in the acclimation box for him/her?

Kactai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have an instructional or plans for making a diy fish trap/acclimation box out of acrylic? I’ve got some 1/4 inch clear and some 1/2 inch black acrylic hanging around and I’d love to use it and save some money!

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering, if after a week and your fish in your DT keeps trying to attack the new fish is it acceptable to "reverse" them? Allowing the new fish into the DT and placing the aggressive one in the trap for a few days?

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering, if after a week and your fish in your DT keeps trying to attack the new fish is it acceptable to "reverse" them? Allowing the new fish into the DT and placing the aggressive one in the trap for a few days?
Might even be preferable!

Edit: I need to read more carefully, I missed where it mentioned that the other fish is still acting aggressively. In any event, follow Hunter's advice over mine anyhow!

Last edited:
OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try, but usually it's a lost cause at that point.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys the best option for an aggressive fish or introducing additional fish is to use a good sized mirror. I had major issues with an Achilles and Powder Blue and that is what worked best. They swim like they don’t even know each other now.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a best time to release a fish (after feeding, or at dusk)?
If I feel the need to be cautious, then I like to release in the "dusk" time, sometime in the last hour of the photo period.

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did wait till after feeding and near dusk. Added a second tang to my tank. The two are fast friends so I assume it worked out.

saltwaterswiftie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few questions about an acclimation box. I currently have a new royal gamma and yellow watchman golby in a QT. I have a 55g DT with 2 clowns and some snails/ hermit crabs.

I currently have two breeder boxes a net box and a hang over the side box. Which one would work better?

Should I put both the golby and gamma in the same acclimation box? They have been getting along in QT but I am nervous putting them in such a small space together.

Back