OP
OP
Big B

Big B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to do a little wire management behind the tank but Im pretty well there. I hope, believe my little leak is fixed on my drain line so that is taken care of. My Sca 302 skimmer isn't really doing anything. I have it set up to dry skim but every thing look so clean, I guess that's a good thing. The skimmer has been running for almost two weeks. Right now the only thing its collected is clearish water.

3-2-16 007.JPG

3-2-16 005.JPG

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stand is amazing, I love the slide out compartment! I equally love those sumps!

OP
OP
Big B

Big B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been having some issues with fish in QT. Im not a huge firefish fan but the 5 year old loves them so we tried starting with a pair. Due to the fact there are really no stocked LFS' within a couple hours of me we grabbed a couple from Petco. Knowing full well that they had who knows what as far as diseases go, they went into QT. The plan was to do the TTM followed by a few weeks of observation. One died on the 4th day and the other on the 5th. Not sure why, water was tested at 0 for ammonia and nitrites. Only thing I can come up with is that the first transfer was using 48 hr old mixed water vs their arrival was in a tank that was filled from the DT.

So still no fish buuuutttt we do have some coral.:D Thanks to the WWC live sale which was a blast the display has some color to it. You will have to forgive me and the cell phone really don't take very good pictures. Makes me really respect you all who can get it done.

2-22-16 019.JPG

2-22-16 024.JPG

2-22-16 022.JPG

2-22-16 020.JPG

2-22-16 025.JPG

2-22-16 015.JPG

OP
OP
Big B

Big B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been splurging a little on frags, probably need to slow down.:D I also change my flow up a little. Bought a Gyre 130 and place it in the top left corner facing the overflow. That seems to be moving the water around the tank clock wise and also giving me a good strong flow towards the top of the main pier where I plan to place some sps in the future. I then put the mp10 on the back wall dead center. So far Im liking it, hopefully the corals will as well.
2-24-16 021.JPG 2-24-16 022.JPG 2-24-16 023.JPG 2-24-16 024.JPG I believe these are all a. echinata. They were labeled as just acans and I jumped on them since they were so cheap. They are beautiful but didn't realize how aggressive they are. I know to keep them around 3" apart from anything else but what about themselves? Can I have a little Echinata island?

OP
OP
Big B

Big B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! I would go out of business pretty quick. Thanks for the compliment though. I call it a 10 foot project, 10 feet away it looks great. Get any closer and watch out lol.

OP
OP
Big B

Big B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is running good, so far no major hiccups and everything seems to be happy. Received a few new things from Cherry's live sale.

IMG_0335.JPG

IMG_0337.JPG

IMG_0336.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

OP
OP
Big B

Big B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been awhile. I tell you what, keeping the motivation up in this hobby when so much is going on with work and family can get tough. Due to my lack, water quality has suffered a little bit. Lost our clown, he made it out of qt just fine but developed a wart type thing near his left gill. My frogspawn also died on me. My biggest issue right now is an aiptasia outbreak. They are everywhere and starting to affect more of my corals. I should be getting an order of berghia nudibranch to hopefully take care of this.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back