The BEST fish in the hobby?

AlyciaMarie

Official R2R Hype Girl
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2024
Messages
5,765
Reaction score
15,432
Location
Chattanooga
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overall, hands down, in your opinion...Is the best the most beautiful, the most helpful, the most peaceful, or even the most pesonality?

What is the BEST fish in the hobby and why?
 
This is a tough one...

Most helpful: Copperband butterflyfish (Chelmon rostratus). My tank would no longer exist without it. Berghia nudis, peppermint shrimp, and Aiptasia X failed very bad in my tank. My Copperband saved the tank.

Most beautiful: Mandarin dragonet (Synchiropus splendidus). My LFS had a quite sad looking reef tank section which no longer exists (freshwater only now), so I never really knew how beautiful reef tanks could be, but one day they had this Mandarin dragonet in one of their tanks and I was so stunned, I knew I had to get a reef tank. By now I'm far more interested in corals, but the Mandarin is still one of my favorites.

Most peaceful: Bluestreak Cleaner Wrasse (Labroides dimidiatus). It loves every fish and every fish loves it back 😁
 
Most beautiful: Mandarin dragonet

Most personality: Cuban hogfish my old boy was like a dog they're always nosey about what's going on in dry world.

Most intelligent: blue streak cleaner wrasse, they've actually shown signs of self awareness when presented with mirrors.
 
Regal Angelfish. I am a wrasse lover but when I saw the Regal I was in love 🥰. She is so pretty and friendly.
 
20260703_174304_87189D9A-BFE4-4F64-9F4C-2CCEA5DEA20A.png


Candy Basslet (Liopropoma carmabi)

The most beautiful, hands down imo…
Also, the one fish I will never be able to afford…..but I can dream, can’t I? 🥰
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new