The best reefing invention is...

AlyciaMarie

Official R2R Hype Girl
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2024
Messages
5,789
Reaction score
15,511
Location
Chattanooga
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to hear what your favorite reefing invention is! It could be an invention or upgrade on specific equipment, or even an "invention" of an idea. What comes to mind for you?

The best reefing invention is...

Nikola Tesla GIF
 
Metal halide lighting...
 
If we were to dive even further back in history, to the inception of the aquarium itself as an idea… here’s a fascinating throwback from 1995! — things have changed in three decades…

IMG_6820.jpeg
IMG_6821.jpeg
IMG_6822.jpeg
 
I want to hear what your favorite reefing invention is! It could be an invention or upgrade on specific equipment, or even an "invention" of an idea. What comes to mind for you?

The best reefing invention is...

Nikola Tesla GIF
Silicone
 
Ignoring the obvious ones,

UniSeal. It's such a simple invention but it works so well!

I had to deep clean my CaRx due to a leak, and just realized it was the UniSeal failing due to age. But once I replaced it with a new one, it worked perfectly! Such a simple and cheap tool for smaller applications like reactors. Obviously not as reliable or long lasting as a traditional bulkhead, but for things like reactors or water changing stations, it is so great!
 
The reef tank, or we wouldn't be able to keep reef tanks at home
 
A favorite for me is powerful LED lighting that doesn't cause my AC in Phoenix to run 24/7.
 
magnets for scrapers and holding stuff.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new