The Biscuit Starfish - 1 year an counting!

DarthChaos

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2020
Messages
185
Reaction score
218
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Tosia queenslandensis" - officially past the 1 year mark (well, 1 year was a few mths back - but I got busy).

Went away for vacation last week and ran into some temp issues. First thing I checked for, not fish - not corals, was my Biscuit!

Still alive and thriving, by far my most active and special invert.

20230925_120646.jpg
 
Congrats! The longest I've heard of these guys doing well for was about 5 years.

Slight correction though: this star is actually Goniaster tesselatus, not Anchitosia queenslandensis - they look very similar, but the differences I could see for ID purposes are explained in my quote below.
Looking at photos of both Goniaster tesselatus and Anchitosia queenslandensis, I can see how the mistake was made - they look very similar, with the only easily noticeable differences being that A. queenslandensis is smooth on top and typically showing slightly lighter coloration at the tips of the legs, while G. tesselatus has spikes on top and lacks the lighter colored tips.
 
"Tosia queenslandensis" - officially past the 1 year mark (well, 1 year was a few mths back - but I got busy).

Went away for vacation last week and ran into some temp issues. First thing I checked for, not fish - not corals, was my Biscuit!

Still alive and thriving, by far my most active and special invert.

20230925_120646.jpg
This will be making its way into my future aquarium lol.

Stunning.......o_O:star-struck:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new