The Black pearl/ Reef Savvy 240

Orly20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet thread!
My MI I bought back in March was thin as paper. I got him beefed up now eating everything. Good luck with them, great fish!

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet thread!
My MI I bought back in March was thin as paper. I got him beefed up now eating everything. Good luck with them, great fish!
Thank you for commenting.
Got any tips or tricks? I've had them for about a week, and they are just starting to show interest in some purple algae on the clip, ignores every thing else. One seems to be more energetic than the other and joins in with the Naso when I load the clip, they haven't touched any coral yet. Very attractive fish, adds a nice flow to the tank

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome update!! Fts please? ;)
Most resent
image.jpeg

Orly20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for commenting.
Got any tips or tricks? I've had them for about a week, and they are just starting to show interest in some purple algae on the clip, ignores every thing else. One seems to be more energetic than the other and joins in with the Naso when I load the clip, they haven't touched any coral yet. Very attractive fish, adds a nice flow to the tank

Well only what I've read from others on here and the other place. I'm not sure where you bought them but mine were eating nls pellets and live brine at the lfs. According to the employee they came from Hiawaii and those are coming with better success rates in captivity due to the Hawaiian collection methods vs Indo. I've read that they can be eating well in captivity for months and suddenly stop eating and die. I'd be so ticked!
One theory is we can't give them what they need for long term success. I did also read one thread that the guy has a few on a diet of strictly nls pellets and thriving now for 7 years in a home aquarium. I've been soaking the nls pellets in selcon and he munches them down, hope it's works out.
I give him hikari squid, mysis, brine shrimp, nori, ocean nutrition Angel Formula, Rods Food and of course the secret ingredient nls pellets.

Hope any of this rambling helps, good luck and obviously keep us posted.

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot, gonna add ON Angel Formula to the arcinale, I think it's got sponge in it

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to separate the two MI, tha puny one was literally getting his butt chewed by the other, who now seems very comfortable in his surroundings, Puny , his new name if he survives, is now back in the QT, will treat and try to nourish him back to health, maybe he will eat if there is no competition

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost one of the MI, lasted 10 days, never saw him take a morsel of food. If I could have found a vien I would have feed him IV. Really wanted both to make it, so far the other is doing great even starting to eat mysiss and loves purple nori. Not taking any pellets yet. Once he does I'll feel more assured that he will make it. Picked up a few corals from ASD eBay action image.jpeg

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg image.jpeg Lost Achillies Tang, fine and eating one day gone the next, had what looked like a hole under his pec fin. Don't know if it was an injury or what may have happen. Only thing in the tank was Dusty wrasse file fish and emerald crab, see pic below, could that be an attack wound or is there something else I'm missing

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh man so sorry!

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:( Thanks guys, he was even eating mysis, looking real hardy, I'm just baffled, gonna take me awhile to get over this one, where as Puny the MI was going downhill from day one. Glad to say the other MI is doing good so far

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 137 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 110 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back