OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mesh is replaceable on those, right? They have a groove like the old metal screen mesh lids? I think these will look good on my EuroBraced tank. I was going to go with another acrylic top maker, but I think I like these a little better. The other ones offer hinged access doors though. I do like that feature on my nano lid.
Yes mesh is replaceable and you can order them in sections as well as one large one, must say I am very pleased with this purchase

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thanks. I will probably get a 1 piece to fit inside of the perimeter Euro-bracing. I will have to wait until I get the tank to measure the opening. I will have a couple of Sea-Swirls on the tank, so hopefully they can make cut outs for those.

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blonde Naso Tang and Blue Jaw Trigger added to display tang. So much more swimming space and they just hand out on the right side of the tank image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown tang and two Moorish Idols to arrive and go into QT tomorrow, which will complete my fish wish list. Have a juvi Achillies Tang in qt presently, would like a sohal Tang but I think I would be pushing the envelope

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish me luck, they are said to be very difficult fish to keep successfully. Hope I can keep them satisfied with a varied diet so they ignore my corals, once I get them to eat. Then there is my other tangs, that they will eventually have to interact with; I think I have presented myself with quite a challenge, but that's what keeps it interesting

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HA! Fire them all!

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe if I raise their minimum wages(not to be taken as political comment on current affairs)We had a staff meeting the other night and they told me that they would rather work nightso_O

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
that's a really nice qt setup. I see some corals - is this a combined qt tank for fish and corals? thanks for sharing!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful fish!

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for clarifying - what's your quarantine protocol like?
Actually with this new tank its the first time I have done QT. First two fish were a naso tang and a blue throat trigger, treated with prazipro and observed, did not want to administer copper unless there was a need, they were in for 30 days. MI are easily stressed which leads to lack of appetite, according to research, I need them to eat, there is more room for swimming and grazing in the DT and hoping that the other fish feeding will stimulate a feeding response in them. I still have a Achillies tang in QT and also a clown tang, plan on leaving them in for 2 months, or longer for the AT cause he is just a little Juvenile

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 111 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back