OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Attempts at plumbing that failed. Too many pipes for such a small hole, plus the fact that the tank is off set about two feet from the sump, what a pain, mostly self inflicted because I'm insisting on running dual bean animal. Yes, durso would have been simpler. If you look closely at the reflection in the overflow box you can see how close the studs are in this wall, I am not an building contractor, who knew?:(

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Final configuration, totally different from what I had in mind before I started cutting holes in the wall, presently testing for leaks. Hopefully adding rocks and water soon. Replacing all my DI cartridges before making these 300 gal, starting as clean as I can

Rodmad4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$$$$ mega dough spent here $$$$ lol

Awesome. I'm looking into a 180 myself. Bdw how much was just the tank? Reef savvy quoted me 3600.00 for a 180 rimless with dual overflows, Starfire Glass and armored seams. Lmk thanks

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I've got all my plumbing issues out of the way, tank, sump and lines leak tested, time to her wet and try out my aquascaping skills. Final check on rocks po4 0.0 image.jpeg

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First 90 gals of NSW added, so nice to see water finally flowing into this tank. Filling it with 180 gals, then will start my aquascaping. Cycle time should be very short if any, my Pukani has been cycling in my garage in two 30 gal Brutes since summer of 2015, been maintaining the bacteria by dosing ammonia

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice work on the plumbing. I'll be doing the plumbing on my build soon. Since this will be my first reef tank with a sump, I gotta say the plumbing part is intimidating me a bit. Its nice to see that you made yours work with all the angles. Mine will be pretty much a straight shot to the basement so I guess it shouldn't be too bad after all. Good luck getting it all tied up and full of inhabitants.

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice work on the plumbing. I'll be doing the plumbing on my build soon. Since this will be my first reef tank with a sump, I gotta say the plumbing part is intimidating me a bit. Its nice to see that you made yours work with all the angles. Mine will be pretty much a straight shot to the basement so I guess it shouldn't be too bad after all. Good luck getting it all tied up and full of inhabitants.
I really envy you guys that have a basement, all that room, especially if you can locate the sump directly below your tank. Had I known that the wall was constructed the way it was, I could have located the sump on the adjacent wall in the sump room and saved myself a big headache. Thanks for commenting and good luck with your plumbing, measure, measure, measure and remember unions are your best friend

MaccaPopEye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been following this thread for a little while now. It's really coming togeather :) love all the detail in your updates too, keep it up!

Macro1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hands down the most beautiful stands I have seen. Love the work and I'm looking forward to your updates!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great job!

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You Very Much for the kind words everyone. working on the aquascape pics coming

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final plumbing scheme, water tested, bean animal working, took quite a bit of adjusting to get the flow right but alls good image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Refined rock work. Tank is viewed from front and right side, I'm trying to get a good aesthetic view from both, have enough open space for Tangs and Triggers

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back