OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the look downs above the tank spot.
Thanks, they are actually on the adjacent wall, like they are swimming toward the tank. Originally wanted them above the tank but they would be partially hidden by the light fixture

carlson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks alway wind up stunning when you have the opportunity to plan out it's surroundings and put a lot of thought into it

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had already ordered 140# of pukani that been cleaned and cycled in Brutes but as an after thought decided I would and about 25# more which I now have cycling in a small brute. Fingers crossed that once added to the main display, they will only under go a small cycle, if any. These are looking pretty good after a couple of weeks. I did the acid bath and LC treatment to these also. NH4 and NO2 looking good and the Nub is holding its own also LOL image.jpeg image.jpeg

Ryan Moeller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't mind me asking, what's the cost of a tank of this magnitude? I contacted Reef Savvy about a build I'm wanting to do. It's for a 100gal rimless that is 60" x 24" x 16". I might go a tad bit taller on height. Reef Savvy told me it'd cost $ 1,495 and that's without crate or shipping. I've heard good things about Planet Aquariums and I emailed them and I'm waiting for a reply. :D

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to understand that reef savy is not only the highest quality tank you can get, their tanks are pieces of art. That said, I have heard many great things about planet aquarium as well. You'll have to pm me if /when you get a quote from them. I'd be interested in the cost comparison.

Last edited:

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice box! That turned out pretty cool. :)

If you don't mind me asking, what's the cost of a tank of this magnitude? I contacted Reef Savvy about a build I'm wanting to do. It's for a 100gal rimless that is 60" x 24" x 16". I might go a tad bit taller on height. Reef Savvy told me it'd cost $ 1,495 and that's without crate or shipping. I've heard good things about Planet Aquariums and I emailed them and I'm waiting for a reply. :D
FWIW, my 200g planet tank (84x24x24) with eurobracing and hybrid bottom ran me around 2k. No overflow in that price.
They make nice tanks for the $. They are no reef savvy though. But you pay for it. RS runs around twice the price from what I've seen. And nearly a year wait time.

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice box! That turned out pretty cool. :)

FWIW, my 200g planet tank (84x24x24) with eurobracing and hybrid bottom ran me around 2k. No overflow in that price.
They make nice tanks for the $. They are no reef savvy though. But you pay for it. RS runs around twice the price from what I've seen. And nearly a year wait time.
I am by no means, what you would call Well Off financially but I have this genetic flaw that when I like something and its within reason of by ability to afford it, I can't settle for something else just because I can save some money, once i saw their 2013 MACNA video I was sold.Because of the wait time i did look at others, but that thing that genetic flaw "I want that one", i kept coming back to RS. When I had my first conversation with Felix, then I knew this guy has to build my tank. But that just me.

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife hates it, but when it comes to somthing I'm really into....I tend to have that very same flaw. If I'd known about reef savy when I bought my 220 gal 5 years ago, I'd have a reef savvy right now.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am by no means, what you would call Well Off financially but I have this genetic flaw that when I like something and its within reason of by ability to afford it, I can't settle for something else just because I can save some money, once i saw their 2013 MACNA video I was sold.Because of the wait time i did look at others, but that thing that genetic flaw "I want that one", i kept coming back to RS. When I had my first conversation with Felix, then I knew this guy has to build my tank. But that just me.
Yep, I totally agree. No need to explain. :)
In no way was I judging your purchase (I bought an Elos!), I was just replying to Ryan's question.

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obstacles stumbling block snag deterrent, impediment that's a good one. Very familiar words in this hobby and they frequently pop up from time to time no mater how long you are in this hobby but we press on. Last month mind stand was ready, got it home safely, got it off the truck, no problem. Then tried getting it in the door. Oops! Tank stand 35" tall by 42" wide by 80" long. My door is 35" ! Soooo the frame has to come off befor I can get the stand in image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jose was my hero that day, came right over, made everything right. That obstacles conquered. Now check this out, I was really exited about this part of the build. My lights and hood were a real pain on my last tank, everything about my last tank was a pain, I'm surprised I'm still in the hobby. I digress image.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back