OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn! Woke up this morning to find one of four frags completely RTN on me. I yanked it out and took a couple photos. I only have one reasoning for this to happen... Unfortunately I do not have QT procedures at the ready, so I tend to dip pretty hard with new arrivals. Though all four looked great after I returned from RAP and performed the dips, last Sunday, I guess a delayed effect took place. I really hope the other frags do not do the same thing!

uploadfromtaptalk1429111498075.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1429111540107.jpg

On another note, today is my testing day plus skimmer cup cleaning day.

My tests came out mostly as expected:
Alkalinity: 9.2 dKh (Red Sea Pro)
Calcium: 465ppm (Red Sea Pro)
Magnesium: 1260ppm Red Sea Pro)
Nitrates: 5ppm (Salifert)
Phosphate: Undetectable (Hanna)

The Mystery: My tank is doing very well. All Digis are growing fast, the clams look great, including the new black maxima.

The weird thing? I haven't dosed Calcium in close to a month and a half, nor Alkalinity in about a month. Maybe my 25G water change every two weeks is doing it? Maybe but I just don't see it. Oh well.. Looks like my Doser will remain unused for the time being.

Skimmer cup cleaning: Ug. The skimmer, as of late, has been a stink factory more so now than ever. Its getting so bad that the area around the tank and garage door (Not that near) stinks! And this is only a weeks worth! I dang near died cleaning out the cup today! [emoji24]

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not only does it fill my gravity ATO, but it also slowly adjusts my salinity!

uploadfromtaptalk1429117965338.jpg

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good Christian, you should be able to do a pretty colorful tank with digi's as there are quite a few, and they grow quickly to!

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good Christian, you should be able to do a pretty colorful tank with digi's as there are quite a few, and they grow quickly to!
Whoa long time!! Thanks man, so far so good, nothing else to put in the tank, so all it needs to do it grow![emoji23]

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks good! I like the idea of all the digitatas. It's gonna fill out nicely. Sorry I didn't even ask the way through, what size is the tank?

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks good! I like the idea of all the digitatas. It's gonna fill out nicely. Sorry I didn't even ask the way through, what size is the tank?

Thanks! No problem! It's 100 gallons.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't, but hopefully I won't have to dip any more corals as my collection is complete... hopefully. :lol:
hahaha you are hilarious, "my collection is complete" that is a funny joke :p We all know there is no such thing

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahaha you are hilarious, "my collection is complete" that is a funny joke :p We all know there is no such thing

No faith!?!? I'm sure many other reefers have said the same and completely followed through with that claim! :lol:

In all honesty I don't think I am missing any other Digi.. unless a new one pops up, I'm hopefully done. I don't have any more room! XD

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No faith!?!? I'm sure many other reefers have said the same and completely followed through with that claim! :lol:

In all honesty I don't think I am missing any other Digi.. unless a new one pops up, I'm hopefully done. I don't have any more room! XD
Lol if you find one reefer who has said that then never bought a new coral, I will buy you a 1000000g tank!

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol if you find one reefer who has said that then never bought a new coral, I will buy you a 1000000g tank!
Guess you won't be buying me a tank!! [emoji13]

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooo Lawdy, I spent most of this morning redoing the RODI. I did not read the instructions in installing the pressure switch for the booster pump. I installed it wrong but saw it immediately. I looked at a diagram and figured out the best way to install it. I also... Realized after all these years, that I have always had the booster pump installed incorrectly. Apparently it goes after the carbon and micron filters, but before the RO membrane. I always had it come before the entire unit. Oops.

So after a lot of taking apart, some wiring, etc... Everything is correctly installed!

For the first time in 11+ years, I can just open the RO (Drinking water) or RODI and close when done. No manuals switches and multiple valves to open! What a day to be alive! [emoji38]

uploadfromtaptalk1429210338568.jpg

Last edited:
Back