The Dinkins Difference

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When we first started this business last year, we wanted to stand out from the crowd and do something radically different. We decided to treat customers the way we wanted to be treated. The result is an intense focus on customer service and quality that we call "the Dinkins Difference."

We're a tiny company (just Ashley and myself), and as a small company we want each customer to know how important they are to us. Every order gets a handwritten, personalized thank you card along with stickers and other goodies. We know that we're shipping live animals and plants, so we spend the extra money on insulated styrofoam boxes to keep them well-protected on their cross-country journey. We only use biodegradable styrofoam, because we care about the oceans and our environmental footprint.

We try very hard to go the extra mile for our customers - densely packing every bottle of copepods and sending the darkest green phyto we can produce. We know that communication is key, so we strive to answer emails and messages within an hour or less. We're definitely not perfect, but when we make a mistake we do everything in our power to make it right. If anything goes wrong during shipping and your products are DOA, we don't make you jump through hoops or send pictures. We just take your word for it, and reship your products at our expense.

We specialize in only four things: phytoplankton, copepods, amphipods, and berghia nudibranchs. That means we can devote all our time and resources to producing the best possible phyto and pods (and amphipods and berghia). The result is small-batch quality, because these four products are all we do.

The Dinkins Difference isn't some cute alliteration or corporate slogan - that's how we run our company. We want to show you the Dinkins Difference - to show you what happens when you're treated the same way that we would like to be treated. Thank you so much to all the customers who have trusted us and let us show them the Dinkins Difference. To anybody who might be on the fence, come try us out. I think you'll be happy at the difference you see!

Don't take our word for it though - check out reviews from real customers:

Last edited:

eliza209

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my first order on Wednesday! Thank you for your diligence in packing in this horrid Dallas heat. Everything arrived in GREAT condition!

OP
OP
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just received my first order on Wednesday! Thank you for your diligence in packing in this horrid Dallas heat. Everything arrived in GREAT condition!

Thank you so much! I'm so glad to hear that everything arrived well. (Really thankful for this week's cooler temps, too!)

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just placed my first order with you guys. Looking forward to using your live phyto in my tanks.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dinkins is amazing! These are great people running a great business! At Dinkins, I've seen time and time again that they really care about each person as an individual. They truly show what it means to treat others in the way you would want to be treated. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Enad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been subscribed to Dinkins for a few months and they definitely have the best Phytoplankton I've personally used. The pods are also quite affordable compared to many other blends($60 on Algaebarn for same water volume and similar pod blend).

Great customer service! I'll continue being a customer for the foreseeable future.

BlackGoldReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we first started this business last year, we wanted to stand out from the crowd and do something radically different. We decided to treat customers the way we wanted to be treated. The result is an intense focus on customer service and quality that we call "the Dinkins Difference."

We're a tiny company (just Ashley and myself), and as a small company we want each customer to know how important they are to us. Every order gets a handwritten, personalized thank you card along with stickers and other goodies. We know that we're shipping live animals and plants, so we spend the extra money on insulated styrofoam boxes to keep them well-protected on their cross-country journey. We only use biodegradable styrofoam, because we care about the oceans and our environmental footprint.

We try very hard to go the extra mile for our customers - densely packing every bottle of copepods and sending the darkest green phyto we can produce. We know that communication is key, so we strive to answer emails and messages within an hour or less. We're definitely not perfect, but when we make a mistake we do everything in our power to make it right. If anything goes wrong during shipping and your products are DOA, we don't make you jump through hoops or send pictures. We just take your word for it, and reship your products at our expense.

We specialize in only four things: phytoplankton, copepods, amphipods, and berghia nudibranchs. That means we can devote all our time and resources to producing the best possible phyto and pods (and amphipods and berghia). The result is small-batch quality, because these four products are all we do.

The Dinkins Difference isn't some cute alliteration or corporate slogan - that's how we run our company. We want to show you the Dinkins Difference - to show you what happens when you're treated the same way that we would like to be treated. Thank you so much to all the customers who have trusted us and let us show them the Dinkins Difference. To anybody who might be on the fence, come try us out. I think you'll be happy at the difference you see!

Don't take our word for it though - check out reviews from real customers:

mrehfeld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am someone who was reluctant to purchase live stock through the mail because of all the DOA and misrepresentation complaints people post. I ordered some Berghia and was a little concerned the cold weather would be an issue. I can't say how impressed I am with the packaging and the speed of delivery. Everything arrived safe and sound. I am extremely happy with what was delivered, it was better than I expected. I highly recommend Dinkins Aquatics Gardens for your next purchase. You will not be dissappointed.

OP
OP
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am someone who was reluctant to purchase live stock through the mail because of all the DOA and misrepresentation complaints people post. I ordered some Berghia and was a little concerned the cold weather would be an issue. I can't say how impressed I am with the packaging and the speed of delivery. Everything arrived safe and sound. I am extremely happy with what was delivered, it was better than I expected. I highly recommend Dinkins Aquatics Gardens for your next purchase. You will not be dissappointed.
Thank you so much for the wonderful shout out!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 115 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.1%
Back