The end of a relationship

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

erfig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey been on here for years not much of a poster but I definitely benefit from all the post of others. This is the first place I go to look for advice, great forum. But I felt I have to post about my experience with Ecotech Marine. Long time fan of their stuff multiple mp40s radions and L1-2. This all started when my back up L1 controller and power supply Burned up. It was a few years old so I knew it was out of warranty but shipped it back to Ecotech Marine anyway and they confirmed. Offered to sale me a new controller and a new Power pack for 160 which I agreed. After receiving them and hooking them up the unit lasted an all of six days and started giving error codes. Contact the eco-tech to let them know and they said I would have to ship back the item for them to inspect understandable. But by now with all the holiday shipping it was over a month and a half of time mostly spent shipping back-and-forth so my question was does my warranty extend the extra month and a half because we all know that Murphy’s Law something will act up just after the warranty is over so I didn’t want to lose that month and a half of not being able to use the unit. They informed me that the warranty will stay for the date that was purchased. So I figured it might be time to explore other options for my return pump and asked to be refunded the purchase price of the unit and I was told that it was within 30 days of receiving the unit and if does not show any water damage they will refund my payment which we agreed. Ship back the control and power pack and waited another 2 1/2 weeks for them to get back to me then i received an email from Chris fernandes stating he was ordering New replacements for the unit. I called and spoke to Chris and explain to him that I did not want it replaced I want my money back and to my surprise he tells me that ecotech does not refund the money they only do warranty work I explain to him that my last conversation with there rep clearly led me to believe that i would be getting a full refund and he’s telling me that this is not the case. by this point I already ordered a new return pump for a different manufacturer and installed it and has been working perfectly for few weeks so I have no use for third pump and the replacement pump that I bought was just a few bucks more than what they charged me for the controller and battery pack he expressed to me that under no circumstances are they are going to refund my money even though it was a defective item when they shipped it to me and instead of arguing I explained that I would just take it up with my credit card company and his answer was if I disputed the charge I can no longer have any warranty work done on any of my eco-tech product in the future. if that’s how you want to handle it then so be it but I felt I just have to let people know how apparently Ecotech Marine has changed and has become a money hungry company in my opinion

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
No shocker hence the reason I got rid of Everything ecotech in my house 2 years ago. I was even a retailer for them
They’re Always willing to sell you something and rarely provide resolution for customer retention and courtesy.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kudos for taking a stand. Not enough consumers in this hobby do stand up for themselves.

Let them deal with Visa / Mastercard.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what you are currently reporting fits absolutely with ecotech at the moment! this company catapults itself into nevana all by itself! luckily they are not the only ones on the market and it is not too difficult to change manufacturers at the moment.

Alex1Young

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey been on here for years not much of a poster but I definitely benefit from all the post of others. This is the first place I go to look for advice, great forum. But I felt I have to post about my experience with Ecotech Marine. Long time fan of their stuff multiple mp40s radions and L1-2. This all started when my back up L1 controller and power supply Burned up. It was a few years old so I knew it was out of warranty but shipped it back to Ecotech Marine anyway and they confirmed. Offered to sale me a new controller and a new Power pack for 160 which I agreed. After receiving them and hooking them up the unit lasted an all of six days and started giving error codes. Contact the eco-tech to let them know and they said I would have to ship back the item for them to inspect understandable. But by now with all the holiday shipping it was over a month and a half of time mostly spent shipping back-and-forth so my question was does my warranty extend the extra month and a half because we all know that Murphy’s Law something will act up just after the warranty is over so I didn’t want to lose that month and a half of not being able to use the unit. They informed me that the warranty will stay for the date that was purchased. So I figured it might be time to explore other options for my return pump and asked to be refunded the purchase price of the unit and I was told that it was within 30 days of receiving the unit and if does not show any water damage they will refund my payment which we agreed. Ship back the control and power pack and waited another 2 1/2 weeks for them to get back to me then i received an email from Chris fernandes stating he was ordering New replacements for the unit. I called and spoke to Chris and explain to him that I did not want it replaced I want my money back and to my surprise he tells me that ecotech does not refund the money they only do warranty work I explain to him that my last conversation with there rep clearly led me to believe that i would be getting a full refund and he’s telling me that this is not the case. by this point I already ordered a new return pump for a different manufacturer and installed it and has been working perfectly for few weeks so I have no use for third pump and the replacement pump that I bought was just a few bucks more than what they charged me for the controller and battery pack he expressed to me that under no circumstances are they are going to refund my money even though it was a defective item when they shipped it to me and instead of arguing I explained that I would just take it up with my credit card company and his answer was if I disputed the charge I can no longer have any warranty work done on any of my eco-tech product in the future. if that’s how you want to handle it then so be it but I felt I just have to let people know how apparently Ecotech Marine has changed and has become a money hungry company in my opinion

erfig,

My name is Alex and I am the customer service manager here at EcoTech Marine. I would recommend contacting me directly by emailing [email protected] with the title, Attn: Alex, and I would be happy to look into the situation for you.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back