The Flashiest Wrasse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today, we present to you the hyper-rare and jaw-dropping beautiful Mauritius Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus hemitaeniatus), a Holy Grail Wrasse if there ever was one. Only a few specimens of this fish have ever made it into the Americas, and not many more have ever been in captivity anywhere, with the bulk of the specimens going to China, Japan and the United States. The first specimens made it to the US back in 2013, and we see them very infrequently.

Like most Paracheilinus, this is a small fish, growing less than three inches long, that is somewhat timid when first introduced to a display. They are planktivores in the wild, which is good, as it makes them used to eating suspended food, which aids them in segueing over to a captive diet. We're feeding them a very finely chopped meaty mix that includes some small mysis. We also introduce the smallest Nutramar pellets with this feed to start to get them acclimated to it. The biggest challenge in feeding any Paracheilinus comes in making sure they aren't hiding at feeding times, so choosing mild mannered tankmates is an important aspect of long-term success. Read More Here

1168204.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back