The Forgotten Tank (180 Waterbox)

MelReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a little bit of backstory. About 2 weeks ago I walked into WWC to buy a og bounce mushroom for my 34 gallon mixed reef. To my astonishment I saw a 180 gallon Waterbox peninsula with sump for only $2600 (This is pretty cheap). The reason it was so cheap is because the tank was discontinued and they were no longer making replacement parts. Anyways I couldn’t take my eyes off of it the whole time there so I decided to bite the bullet and take it. I had been looking for an upgrade for a while and this was a good opportunity. Flash forward two weeks to today and the tank has just been delivered. I’m excited to share my journey with you all!
image.jpg

image.jpg

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice tank! I just visited WWC recently and saw this exact same tank lol.

Do you have a budget for a return pump?

Karebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a little bit of backstory. About 2 weeks ago I walked into WWC to buy a og bounce mushroom for my 34 gallon mixed reef. To my astonishment I saw a 180 gallon Waterbox peninsula with sump for only $2600 (This is pretty cheap). The reason it was so cheap is because the tank was discontinued and they were no longer making replacement parts. Anyways I couldn’t take my eyes off of it the whole time there so I decided to bite the bullet and take it. I had been looking for an upgrade for a while and this was a good opportunity. Flash forward two weeks to today and the tank has just been delivered. I’m excited to share my journey with you all!
image.jpg

image.jpg
Is this the sump that came with the tank? I like the 4 filter socks. What is the tube thing just hanging out?

Gernader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is this the sump that came with the tank? I like the 4 filter socks. What is the tube thing just hanging out?
I think the tube thing is for plumbing the return pump to the tank

OP
OP
MelReefer

MelReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! I just visited WWC recently and saw this exact same tank lol.

Do you have a budget for a return pump?
Well this is going to be my dads tank even though I’m going to be taking care of it (He picks fish, coral, etc). He wants to go all out on this tank and wants top quality filtration. So to answer your question there is no budget

Gernader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well this is going to be my dads tank even though I’m going to be taking care of it (He picks fish, coral, etc). He wants to go all out on this tank and wants top quality filtration. So to answer your question there is no budget
I’m not sure what exactly the model would be best for your tank, but the good ones are Sicce, Ecotech Vectra, or Reef Octopus Varios.

Gernader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Aright crew. I’m in need of a protein skimmer. Ideas are welcome.
Reef Octopus, Royal Exclusiv, Nyos, and Tunze are some great brands for a protein skimmer. Make sure to check their bioload capacity if you are planning to stock heavy!

OP
OP
MelReefer

MelReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Octopus, Royal Exclusiv, Nyos, and Tunze are some great brands for a protein skimmer. Make sure to check their bioload capacity if you are planning to stock heavy!
I’ve been looking at the reef octo 202-S. Does anyone have it or has had it?

Firthy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking at the reef octo 202-S. Does anyone have it or has had it?
I had a octo regal 200-int. The thing was a beast. Octo gear is top quality, I never hear of issues with tuning them either.
There is also an Australian design skimmer hitting the US market called the Great White made by Dalua. Their DC range are incredible for the money. They have been extremely popular in Aus over the last 2 years. Might be work looking in to.

OP
OP
MelReefer

MelReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! It’s been a while since I’ve updated this thread and the main reason for that is simply because I haven’t done too much to the tank. Since my last update I have added water to the tank and finished my aquascape. I have lights and power heads ordered but right now everything is so hard to get ahold of. Anyways that about it, I just wanted to make a quick update. Oh and here are some pics.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Bosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
intersting idea with it at the foot of your bed. Whats your plans for light mounting?
You gonna run a canopy?
Would be cool to build a canopy to the ceiling give it a built in look to the bed dont think i would ever get out.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back