The Future of Earth

  • Thread starter Thread starter fragit
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
1,869
Location
Freeport
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started watching this great mini seris on Nat Geo called "Years of Living Dangerously" the other night, very eye opening. And last evening another documentary on Nat Geo with Leonardo Dicaprio called "Before the Flood" equally as eye opening and alarming. If you have kids, grandkids, are a kid yourself or plan on having children. If you care about humanity, and the other inhabitants on this planet whether in the sea or on land. Watch these shows and pass on to your friends and family. I have not changed the way I live, but feel that I need to, we need to. Change in this country starts with the people, and in the last weeks of an election no matter which side of the line you place yourself I think we all can agree we need some change. It starts with you, us, and everyone on the planet. Please share.
 
I started watching this great mini seris on Nat Geo called "Years of Living Dangerously" the other night, very eye opening. And last evening another documentary on Nat Geo with Leonardo Dicaprio called "Before the Flood" equally as eye opening and alarming. If you have kids, grandkids, are a kid yourself or plan on having children. If you care about humanity, and the other inhabitants on this planet whether in the sea or on land. Watch these shows and pass on to your friends and family. I have not changed the way I live, but feel that I need to, we need to. Change in this country starts with the people, and in the last weeks of an election no matter which side of the line you place yourself I think we all can agree we need some change. It starts with you, us, and everyone on the planet. Please share.

HERE! HERE!

Or is it HEAR HEAR!!!
 
As soon as I saw who was hosting it, I decided not to watch. I just can't stand to watch agenda driven half-truths and one-sided misrepresentations bundled as gospel.
I totally hear you, and I thought the integrity of the program might be compromised as well. However, they discussed this very statement in the opening minutes of the documentary. All I have to say is open your mind and give it a chance. Even if you don't fully subscribe to what they are saying, or believe that it is still propaganda I believe that it will still make you think.
 
I've not watched it but at some point our global population can not keep on growing and consuming all the worlds resources without consequences, kinda no different to our fish tanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new