The GREAT Rod's Food GIVEAWAY! (win a year's supply of food)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coralfish keeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i wake up at 5 in the morning and i feed the corals then at 7 i feed the fish flake at noonish we hang some seaweed for the tangs and a few others then around say 4ish i give them mysis and feed the inverts like the anemone if there hungry that is a daily feeding schedule

Eddie Howard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liked --- Feed three times a day -- flakes, seaweed and 3 times a week myisis and shrimp. Just now have fish -- started tank 6/16.

Eddie

dhutcheson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liked, I feed frozen mysis, brine, every other day every third day I feed a hatchery blend sumplemented with a Angel Butterfly frozen mix. I will also do a marine snow feed every other week.

Murfman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Automated flake every day, 2pm. Frozen every 3 days. Usually alternate between frozen Krill and frozen Silversides. Mysis for the lil fish ;-)

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nls small fish pellets and Thera +a pellets once a day, then either formula 1 and 2 flake or black jack reef crack at night before lights out.

Been wanting to try Ross for a while but no one local here in Wichita carries it that I have seen!!

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liked.
I feed spectrum marine pellets once a day when I get home from work. Every few days (when I remember) I put a bit of Oysterfeast in after light have been out for at least an hour to provide a nitrogen source for my sps. WEekly gets some nori for tangs. Even less frequently (about once a month) I feed mysis to some of my higher end chalices and scolys and wellsos after lights out.

Last edited:

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liked!

I feed my seahorses mysis twice a day. My reef gets fed every other day on a rotation of different frozen foods. Once a month my anemone gets a piece of scallop. Once a week some nori goes in on a clip.

Dixie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liked........mysis and brine shrimp, flake and pellet foods (alternated) 2x daily....... Reef snow and reef chili 1-2x weekly

Huntor0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
liked,
I feed Rod's Original 3-4 times a week and NLS Thera +a pellets once a day.

kuyatwo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Go LIKE the Rod's Food Facebook page here: LIKE ROD'S FOOD

Check

2. Please post your daily feeding schedule and any specifics you may have.

Place some nori on a clip before i head to work and feed rod's food and reef caviar at night for fish and corals

Easily Distracted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liked!

I use Rod's Original, Pacific Plancton, Coral, Herbivore and Fish Eggs mixed together then refrozen into small cubes. I alternate between that and a blend of home made food consisting of blended fresh, raw seafoods (clams, mussels, shrinp, scalops, nori, etc...) that are also frozen into small cubes. In the evenings, I typically thaw and mix a cube in tank water in a small glass. As the larger pieces settle out, I turkey baste off the top slurry and spot feed my corals. As I replace the water in the glass it kicks up the larger particles which I turkey baste off and feed to the fish (that are usually in a frenzy by now). By the time I finish with feeding the fish the food has settled out again and I repeat the above steps until either all the food is gone or the fish are showing a reduced interest in feeding. If I have leftover still in the glass, I will use the turkey baster to feed the anemones.

Every few days I use cleaning magnets to hang some of Rod's nori off the side of the tank as an extra treat for the herbivores.

After using Rod's food for both feeding and for inspiration to make my own fresh food, I will never use those other company's phosphate filled, gelatinous cubes of mystery binders ever again.

Last edited:

weaponsofmassdesign

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed Ocean Nutrition Formula One and Two flakes, Spectrum Pellets and Mysis soaked in ViteChem and sometimes Garlic Gaurd. I usually alternate each food everyday and currently feed once a day.

kmaintl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liked!

Mixture of pellets, Sera Marin Granules, New Life Spectrum and Ocean Nutrition Formula 2, 3x daily by automatic feeder. 3 or 4 times a week, Rod's Original blend soaked in garlic and vitamin C.

BobDale

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no idea what "Rods" were. I asked some experienced reefers what they fed their corals and they, almost to a person, said "Rods". So, i bought some. I didn't know that there were so many different kinds and i bought the wrong one but i just chop it up and the animals love it. I don't seem to have any problems with silicates and that is a huge plus. I'm looking forward to trying the different types.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PE mysis soaked in selcon about 3-4 days a week, 1-2x a day.
Roti-feast, 2-3x a week
cylclopeez 1-2x a week
Just added: Coral Frenzy, Oyster Feast in very low amounts 1-2x a week.

SteelerMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I typically feed garlic soaked mysis shrimp every other day and a frozen food concoction I made up with some fellow reefers on the the days in between.

AquaticallyDistracted22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed a mix of Brine Shrimp, Mysis Shrimp, Krill, Coral Feast, Oyster Feast and Selcon that I prepare weekly and I feed that EOD with random feedings of either Green or Brown seaweed

impur

GO DUCKS!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed 3 cubes per day, thawed and soaked in Selcon. I use mysis, krill, plankton, spirulina enriched brine, and emerald entree usually.

The couple of times I was able to get Rod's food my fish really seemed to like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 92 41.8%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 110 50.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.2%
Back