OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Morbid curiosity caused me to google "wedding crocs", and the internet did not disappoint. All hope for humanity is lost....

1000007252.jpg
1000007253.jpg
1000007251.jpg

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will not own a pair. Dislike everything about them and never tried a pair on. Hahaha. I hate that people just wear them everywhere, it is mind blowing to say the least….

Corey
I had a pair for work during the pandemic because they were easy to sanitize (I was a medical provider). Beyond that, I am in complete agreement. Seeing them on everyone everywhere is the movie Idiocracy come to fruition.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
wore em as a cook. would run them through the dishwasher regularly to clean them off.
Speaking of "cleaning off". We need to schedule a time for you to come clean off my frag rack, buddy. I need to make room for the incoming. I have like 9 corals for you.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will not own a pair. Dislike everything about them and never tried a pair on. Hahaha. I hate that people just wear them everywhere, it is mind blowing to say the least….

Corey
I use them when I go out to the hot tub in the winter and that is it. They are easy to slip on and waterproof. I wouldn’t go in public with them lol

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use them when I go out to the hot tub in the winter and that is it. They are easy to slip on and waterproof. I wouldn’t go in public with them lol
I'll allow it.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings, Heathens!

I hope your respective Fridays are going better than expected.

Today's project was to add additional lighting to the mangrove fuge. As you can see in the picture, my mangroves have filled out considerably, and as such, it is difficult for light to penetrate the canopy:

1000007200.jpg

Now, I had already added some cheap, full-spectrum light bars to what can be considered the midpoint to assist the younger trees in growing. They, too have grown and filled out. This is now blocking light from reaching below into the tank, and is shading and subsequently hindering the growth of the cualerpa and soft corals that I have in there.

So, I got another cheap clamp-on grow light from Amazon, disassembled it, and fabricated a new mount out of cable sleeving and some wall anchors to blend in with the current setup. Excuse the bad pictures:

1000007204.jpg
1000007201.jpg
1000007202.jpg

Now that there is a good amount of light down there, it got me thinking: why can't I use this as a mantis habitat and have a little "murderbug" of my very own?!

1000007205.jpg

I have two considerations here, and want to solicit opinions / advice from the collective:

1) This is a 20b and the glass is fairly thin. Do you guys think it can punch / poke its way through? I would be going with a Wennerae.

2) This fuge also doubles as a remote DSB. Do you think by burrowing and disturbing the sandbed, it would pose any problems with the DT? My thoughts are that it won't, because any gas that escapes (think Hydrogen Sulfide) would dissipate from the remote tank instead of making it over to the display.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Should I maybe pose this question to reef chat?
your gonna need a bigger house with tall ceilings..lol

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
your gonna need a bigger house with tall ceilings..lol
3 more inches and the tall ones will be getting their growth tips snipped.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Something can definitely get worked out. next two weekends are free.
Also, the two male Anthias are starting to fight with each other now. One of the females got caught up in a scuffle and now she has popeye. I'm thinking the 3rd or the 9th would work on my end.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am gonna be playing outside all day..yard work in the backyard to do, trim everything for spring. Then come play with the tank. Got 4 new corals this weekend. some rasta zoa's, 5 heads of frogspawn and a electric lemonade anacropora and a green/blue blasto with like 6 heads I think. so I have to find them all a home..right now just in area's on the tank floor.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am gonna be playing outside all day..yard work in the backyard to do, trim everything for spring. Then come play with the tank. Got 4 new corals this weekend. some rasta zoa's, 5 heads of frogspawn and a electric lemonade anacropora and a green/blue blasto with like 6 heads I think. so I have to find them all a home..right now just in area's on the tank floor.
I have conferred with the Heathen High Council, and we are unanimous in our demand for an offering of pictures!!

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, the two male Anthias are starting to fight with each other now. One of the females got caught up in a scuffle and now she has popeye. I'm thinking the 3rd or the 9th would work on my end.
3rds best here. the anthias can still have a home in my tank too.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahaha the ex husband and the new boyfriend fish...

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 12.3%
Back