The Ice Cap Smart RODI: The highest tech RODI unit ever?

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uhe also comes with an adjustable pressure regulator. and what about spectrapure's filters and membranes? in a class of their own.

gtbarsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uhe also comes with an adjustable pressure regulator. and what about spectrapure's filters and membranes? in a class of their own.

Excellent point about the pressure regulator, it seems to be another truly unique feature that insures that the exact correct pressure is applied to the RO membrane.

I avoided talking about the filters, membranes, and DI resins since I do not have any direct comparison data between the two, however I agree that SpectraPure membranes, filters, and resins are exceptional.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, filters are a whole different conversation. but I'm glad you did mention their di silica buster. :)

Excellent point about the pressure regulator, it seems to be another truly unique feature that insures that the exact correct pressure is applied to the RO membrane.

I avoided talking about the filters, membranes, and DI resins since I do not have any direct comparison data between the two, however I agree that SpectraPure membranes, filters, and resins are exceptional.

Ryan Espinoza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the BRS 6 Stage universal water saver plus ro/di 150 gal. I have had several types of ro/di this is by far the best on the market. It doesn't matter what the water source is. It includes all the adapters needed to hook up to any water source (sink, hose, water line) also come with a float valve. Amazing product and value!

Screenshot_2017-02-09-11-57-39.png

Ryan Espinoza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chloramines are used where i am so a normal 4 stage doesn't remove them. It's actually a 7 stage: 1 prefilter, 2 carbon, 2 membranes, 2 di. Money isn't a issue to get the best quality water for my tank. I caught it on sale, I believe I paid $279.99.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the Icecap last night after a couple months of research. I was originally attracted to this unit because of the way it can be transported with it's handled frame and can run while sitting on a flat surface as opposed to hanging on a wall. I won't have anywhere to mount an RODI on a wall in a small apartment but I can store this unit in a closet and tote in around when I use it. The only downside to storing the unit is I'll have to stretch out tubing around the apartment every time I use it then roll up the tubing just to put those in storage also. I look forward to unboxing the Icecap and even scored an embroidered hat from saltwateraquarium.com where I bought it with enough reward points from spending $250+ Paypal Credit. Haha!

scot27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Powers..any usage of the Icecap as of yet? I'm on the fence to purchasing and looking for a honest review? Will be using for W/C on Reefer 250. Thanks in advance

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

scot27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the Icecap last night after a couple months of research. I was originally attracted to this unit because of the way it can be transported with it's handled frame and can run while sitting on a flat surface as opposed to hanging on a wall. I won't have anywhere to mount an RODI on a wall in a small apartment but I can store this unit in a closet and tote in around when I use it. The only downside to storing the unit is I'll have to stretch out tubing around the apartment every time I use it then roll up the tubing just to put those in storage also. I look forward to unboxing the Icecap and even scored an embroidered hat from saltwateraquarium.com where I bought it with enough reward points from spending $250+ Paypal Credit. Haha!

Any review of the ICECAP?

aquaman05

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Digging up a old bone here but is anyone still using this system ? I can't find one anywhere and was told it had been discontinued? Looks like a nice rodi.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Digging up a old bone here but is anyone still using this system ? I can't find one anywhere and was told it had been discontinued? Looks like a nice rodi.
@scot27 @aquaman05 I still have my Icecap but I’m not running it because I don’t have my tank set up yet. As far as I know this model has been discontinued, too bad they have great reviews.

aquaman05

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@scot27 @aquaman05 I still have my Icecap but I’m not running it because I don’t have my tank set up yet. As far as I know this model has been discontinued, too bad they have great reviews.
Do they still sell the filters ? If I can find a used one I was thinking about buying one. Unless someone talks me out of it..lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back