The Latest Arrivals from Unique Corals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

We encourage you to spend some time on our web page. We have an ever-increasing variety of sustainably-sourced livestock, with more and more great stuff arriving daily. To quickly see the latest arrivals, just go to our "NEW!" section:

New Exciting Fish and Coral

Please feel free to post here or simply call us at 818-570-0848, if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments regarding our company, products, or ways we can improve your experience with us! And if you just want to say hello, that's cool, too! Oh, for those of you who follow my ramblings on Reef Builders, I have a little blog I write on our site, too:

Blog

We're just getting started, so Joe and I are looking forward to a lot of fun with everyone!

Regards,

Scott Fellman
Unique Corals

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great looking fish and coral! its awesome that the fish are labeled with all the collection info! never seen that before!

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great looking fish and coral! its awesome that the fish are labeled with all the collection info! never seen that before!

Thanks, Alex. We have been really happy with the positive feedback we have received from both the media and more important, our fellow hobbyists.

The eco labeled fishes are not just a gimmick; rather, they perform the two-fold function of: 1) Providing an unprecedented level of transparency about each fish (ie; when it was collected, by what method, and by whom), as well as 2) Giving the native fishers an economic incentive for the protection and management of their reefs. In other words, if they view their local reefs as an important economic resource, they are far less likely to resort to desperate measures, like blast fishing or cyanide, to collect fishes. We like to say that "every fish has a story", and the eco labels reinforce that!

EcoAquariums PNG divers are paid a very fare wage- well above the industry standard for native fishers. And this makes a huge difference as well. Yes, the fishes may be more expensive, but when I know that I can offer my fellow hobbyists fishes like dwarf angelfish, butterflies, and cardinalfishes that eat frozen foods right off the bat, along with the knowledge that they have absolutely been hand caught- that's a huge plus.

2012-07-15 04.14.29.jpg

That's a "Gold Nugget Wrasse" , Xenojulis margaritaceus - the "signature fish" of Papua New Guinea!

-Scott

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's one beautiful fish! Love the clown tang, too!!!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 48 25.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 48 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 43 22.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 47 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back