The Marriage Saver (pat. pending)

Conchman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I'm testing the picture posting here, just for giggles I wanted to show everyone my most prized aquarium invention the "Marriage Saver". I do 2-5 gallon changes a week so I mix out of a 5 gallon bucket, I fill these 1.25 storage containers, move them back and forth. Well even with timers I mess up and like all of us, clean water off the floor with towels. Then get the dirty "how could you be that stupid" look and threat of divorce. So I invented the "Marriage Saver". 2x4 can be cut so size, sawed a couple of drain slots, added soft pads to the underside where it touches her "expensive" washer and viola!, instant Marriage Saver. Made to order, $19.99, shipping not included.

g16NRbHTT+GYU8mJ%L302Q.jpg

Lor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
comes in different colors? Let me know if you need a alpha testers

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just use a hardware store 5g bucket with a float valve? Eventually even the washer will fill up if you forget for long enough. A float valve is cheap and will actually shut off the water when the bucket's full.

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just use a hardware store 5g bucket with a float valve? Eventually even the washer will fill up if you forget for long enough. A float valve is cheap and will actually shut off the water when the bucket's full.

I wondered the same thing. You can buy one on BRS for like 12 or 13 dollars. Even if your RODI doesn't have the shut off valve, you can but one for 10 on BRS. so $22 will stop the water and shut off your rodi so that it's not just dumping it down the drain.

Albertan22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just used a rubbermade tub as secondary containment back in the day. Now I have a 44 gallon brute with a float valve, that is the REAL marriage saver. Not a drop on the floor since.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 171 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back