The Mindstream is DEAD!! I'm getting mine soon!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FWIW looking over the checkout procedures and billing procedures on the mindstream site. It says in the terms and conditions that 20% is due upon preorder and the remainder is charged when the unit is shipped. Unless I’m misreading.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW looking over the checkout procedures and billing procedures on the mindstream site. It says in the terms and conditions that 20% is due upon preorder and the remainder is charged when the unit is shipped. Unless I’m misreading.
Of course...just like any pre order in the world.
Fair and good terms.

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clearly, Paul Sands seems to have an agenda in his posting(s). It's one thing to state an opinion on a company or product. But to keep blasting 'anything' when you don't have one single bit of experience with it. Or a relationship of any kind with someone who does is just malicious.

What's Paul's motive for this constant and repetitive negativity? Before I started writing this I took a scroll back thru Mr. Sands other posts. And Paul just seems to like to tell people they are wrong -- Not just about Mindstream - he has a diverse range of negative comments.

And I don't negate the fact that many of the things he has posted on other topics are correct, logical, reasonable, etc etc -- But for the most part they are negative and argumentative.

And for a person that keeps mentioning his long term experience in this hobby, I don't see where Paul has actually posted on a thread showing any of his experiences. I don't see photos of Paul's success in this hobby. I am not saying it's untrue - But why not share why it is that you have the knowledge and experience so that when you belittle other's opinions, actions, lack of knowledge, lack of experience in this hobby - people can say - yep Paul knows what he is talking about.

In our modern society we no longer reply on experts. Next time you see a Movie Trailer on TV for a movie you know is crap take a moment to pause the screen when the reviewers comments appear and then look at the tiny citation for the good reviews- "Best Sci Movie of the Year - says Bill Muncher in Cleveland", "I was on the edge of my seat the whole time - says Chris from Oklahoma", "It was a blast! --- Mel of the Butte Gazzette". Anyone with a keyboard - or a smartphone gets given the same amount of credibility as an expert. We don't even know if Mel of the Butte Gazzette has even seen the movie --- And the people using his review - they don't care.

Someone posts that they don't know why their new fish just died. They bought it from Petco and put it in the tank and then kept adding salt to the water till the fish looked happy. And if I post - Hey idiot - you murdered that fish you shouldn't have a fish tank --- I will get attacked more than the fish murderer.

Clearly many people on this thread don't agree with Paul's opinions, theories, myths -- and some may. But why someone would take this much time to keep putting down and slamming a company which - Hasn't taken any of his money, Hasn't sold him a product which didn't meet expectations, Hasn't sold him a product which caused a loss of livestock. --- By his own words a company that hasn't done anything.

Since when did anyone who has the budget to try all the new gizmo's in this hobby need anyone's opinion on spending the money other than from their significant other.

Dave B

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clearly, Paul Sands seems to have an agenda in his posting(s). It's one thing to state an opinion on a company or product. But to keep blasting 'anything' when you don't have one single bit of experience with it. Or a relationship of any kind with someone who does is just malicious.

What's Paul's motive for this constant and repetitive negativity? Before I started writing this I took a scroll back thru Mr. Sands other posts. And Paul just seems to like to tell people they are wrong -- Not just about Mindstream - he has a diverse range of negative comments.

And I don't negate the fact that many of the things he has posted on other topics are correct, logical, reasonable, etc etc -- But for the most part they are negative and argumentative.

And for a person that keeps mentioning his long term experience in this hobby, I don't see where Paul has actually posted on a thread showing any of his experiences. I don't see photos of Paul's success in this hobby. I am not saying it's untrue - But why not share why it is that you have the knowledge and experience so that when you belittle other's opinions, actions, lack of knowledge, lack of experience in this hobby - people can say - yep Paul knows what he is talking about.

In our modern society we no longer reply on experts. Next time you see a Movie Trailer on TV for a movie you know is crap take a moment to pause the screen when the reviewers comments appear and then look at the tiny citation for the good reviews- "Best Sci Movie of the Year - says Bill Muncher in Cleveland", "I was on the edge of my seat the whole time - says Chris from Oklahoma", "It was a blast! --- Mel of the Butte Gazzette". Anyone with a keyboard - or a smartphone gets given the same amount of credibility as an expert. We don't even know if Mel of the Butte Gazzette has even seen the movie --- And the people using his review - they don't care.

Someone posts that they don't know why their new fish just died. They bought it from Petco and put it in the tank and then kept adding salt to the water till the fish looked happy. And if I post - Hey idiot - you murdered that fish you shouldn't have a fish tank --- I will get attacked more than the fish murderer.

Clearly many people on this thread don't agree with Paul's opinions, theories, myths -- and some may. But why someone would take this much time to keep putting down and slamming a company which - Hasn't taken any of his money, Hasn't sold him a product which didn't meet expectations, Hasn't sold him a product which caused a loss of livestock. --- By his own words a company that hasn't done anything.

Since when did anyone who has the budget to try all the new gizmo's in this hobby need anyone's opinion on spending the money other than from their significant other.

Dave B
Mic drop...

Great read.

reeferKen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks darrell, looks pretty easy. It says contact us for support, have they been responsive to anyone whos tried? thanks.

Paul Sands

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long was this video up before they took it down?

80DF5754-B7D8-4913-B32B-1E80D7F608D3.jpeg

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long was this video up before they took it down?

80DF5754-B7D8-4913-B32B-1E80D7F608D3.jpeg
It's not. Video still there ha ha. It's on their facebook.
Man give it a rest already aren't you tired? Leave people discuss something useful. Some of us are excited about the potential. At least wait till its know how good or bad the product is...

Paul Sands

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not. Video still there ha ha. It's on their facebook.
Man give it a rest already aren't you tired? Leave people discuss something useful. Some of us are excited about the potential. At least wait till its know how good or bad the product is...

They can develop and produce a highly sophisticated product, but they don’t know how to adjust their Facebook video security preferences so that their fanboys can share it on R2R?

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MnFish1
Did you have any comments on the calculations? Would love to know what you think:

This is referring to a 4-5 years model earlier user and resonated with me(with some modification I did to make it apple to apple and more comparable to me personally). Pleade correct any wrong data you see here...

Mindstream would cost ~$2677. 10 paramaters testing and monitoring

Neptune based cost ~2700~$3500. Testing 7 paramaters.

Am trying to do similar calculation to xepta and ghl but some of the prices are not known yet so calculation will be missing. But what I know is in the details

Details:
MindStream
Base Unit Cost = $1,000
Service - Every five years = $0
Subscription Disk = $34.95 per month or $1677 for four years
Four Year Total Cost = $2,677

Neptune Trident
Trident Base Unit Cost = $600
Apex package= 800$ this come with 3 probs only
Apex head without probs=400$
Apex o2 prob+module=775$
Service - every 18-24 months is less than $100 for a self-service kit or $150-$200 for a factory job. = Self service $200 - Factory $300 to $400
Reagents for four years = $1080 (I confirmed the calibration standard ships with the reagents so you should recalibrate every two months according to Neptune's FAQ)
Four Year Total Cost ~ $27000 to $3500 without counting for the yearly maintenance for trident that is another adder.

GHL:
Profilux package=$1000 thinks comparable to apex package but has more functionalities..
Profilux basic=$800 this give you way more than apex head alone
Khd= $800
Iod director=??
Ion probs cost=??

Xepta:
My understanding this package that will test and dose is around 1300 to 1400$.
Probs and reagent cost=??

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can develop and produce a highly sophisticated product, but they don’t know how to adjust their Facebook video security preferences so that their fanboys can share it on R2R?
Please be respectful to others. If you have anything specific that’s hurting you or you want to be heard , we have ample avenue here in various forms , but refrain from passers by comments and glitches that can be by done by anyone’s mistake, intentionally or unintentionally. Be kind , be greatful consider this place as our extended family.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please be respectful to others. If you have anything specific that’s hurting you or you want to be heard , we have ample avenue here in various forms , but refrain from passers by comments and glitches that can be by done by anyone’s mistake, intentionally or unintentionally. Be kind , be greatful consider this place as our extended family.
This^^ please keep the thread on topic and family friendly. Remember were all a community here. Let's please love one another and be respectful. Remember to treat others the way youd want to be treated.
Carry on and have a good evening :)

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any useful insights you can share with us?
When is the product coming out?
I did not ask about shipping since most of these were asked right when the started taking orders. There was a bunch of speculation on how the subscription and website would work with no supporting information so I focused on those topics.

1. Is my account locked out if I don't replace the disk at 30 days?
You will never be locked out of your account. You will always have access to your historical data even if you do not keep your disc subscription active.

2. Is there a grace period after 30 days if I don't get the disk right away due to travel, shipping delays, life events, laziness, etc?
Every 30 we will be shipping you a new discs regardless of whether or not you install the disc immediately or wait. To ensure the highest level of accuracy and precision we encourage you to swap you your disc every time you receive a new one.

3. Will the unit only stop reporting at 30 days or am I locked out of the account somehow? Meaning can I still log in and see my old data or how will this work?
Assuming your account is active, the web app will always report data regardless of the disc that is on the monitor. Theoretically, you could use an old disc to report new results but as I mentioned in answer #2, a new disc will provide you with the best accuracy and precision.

4. Is there an export feature to download my data without the need to do a screenshot?
At this time we do not have the ability to export data. We have heard this feedback before and will look to add this feature in the future.

5. Do you plan to have some videos on how to sep the unit, and replace the disk?
Great question! We already have videos developed to assist with installation and other helpful topics. You will also receive a Setup Guide in your initial shipment that is very descriptive and should help get you set up with no issues.

6. Do you know if the beta testers plan to post on forums or post videos about their experiences?
Another great question! We hear this question a lot. The answer is YES! We are working on releasing these folks from their Product Testing Agreements very soon which will give them the ability to share their experiences with the masses. We understand that people interested in the MindStream Monitor will see tremendous value in hearing about beta tester experiences, and the beta tester reviews will carry a great deal more credibility than any marketing we would do ourselves.

7. I noticed your website states the subscriptions will start at $34.95 per month. Does this mean there are, or you have plans for different subscription plans?
We offer two subscription plans: annual or monthly. The annual plan is $419.40 which comes to $34.95 per month and the monthly plan is $39.95 per month. Both the annual and monthly plans include free shipping for the sensor discs.

dz6t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you trying to save others from making a perceived mistake?
I think this is the point. There are so many snake oil, scams, over promising, inaccurate and unreliable product for this hobby.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@MnFish1
Did you have any comments on the calculations? Would love to know what you think:

This is referring to a 4-5 years model earlier user and resonated with me(with some modification I did to make it apple to apple and more comparable to me personally). Pleade correct any wrong data you see here...

Mindstream would cost ~$2677. 10 paramaters testing and monitoring

Neptune based cost ~2700~$3500. Testing 7 paramaters.

Am trying to do similar calculation to xepta and ghl but some of the prices are not known yet so calculation will be missing. But what I know is in the details

Details:
MindStream
Base Unit Cost = $1,000
Service - Every five years = $0
Subscription Disk = $34.95 per month or $1677 for four years
Four Year Total Cost = $2,677

Neptune Trident
Trident Base Unit Cost = $600
Apex package= 800$ this come with 3 probs only
Apex head without probs=400$
Apex o2 prob+module=775$
Service - every 18-24 months is less than $100 for a self-service kit or $150-$200 for a factory job. = Self service $200 - Factory $300 to $400
Reagents for four years = $1080 (I confirmed the calibration standard ships with the reagents so you should recalibrate every two months according to Neptune's FAQ)
Four Year Total Cost ~ $27000 to $3500 without counting for the yearly maintenance for trident that is another adder.

GHL:
Profilux package=$1000 thinks comparable to apex package but has more functionalities..
Profilux basic=$800 this give you way more than apex head alone
Khd= $800
Iod director=??
Ion probs cost=??

Xepta:
My understanding this package that will test and dose is around 1300 to 1400$.
Probs and reagent cost=??
Yes. I agree. I did a similar analysis comparing mmindstream and apex trident 2 issues with mindstream. 1. Though it measures 10 parameters some of them I am not sure if I would use. Second you can’t control stuff with the product. Yet. I as already stated don’t use my apex for control and find the probes etc lacking. So this seema to be a great idea for monitoring. I would take it every Time over apex trident

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back