The Moai Robotic Cleaner is Still Alive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been over four years since we first became aware of the Moai robotic glass cleaner and we’re happy to learn that this project is still alive. This exciting and ambitious aquarium device is not just an automatic algae scraper, but its built in webcam will also allow owners to stream video of their aquarium,…
Source

Continue reading...

Juniorh2r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome hopefully it pulls through..... This and mindstream would be awesome !!!!!!!

Juniorh2r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mindstream? Yes that's actually sad and from what I read it actually worked what a dissapointment would of been good for the hobby

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The company is a straight scam go look at there indigo campaign the people who donated are still being screwed out of there money

Seriously. That article is like a paid advertisement. I think it is highly irresponsible for RB to produce an article like this to promote a company that has so many unhappy customers who are claiming they got scammed.

Read through the comments:

kickstarter.com/projects/moai/moai-robot-for-your-aquarium/comments

indiegogo.com/projects/moai-robot-for-your-aquarium#/comments

This is a prime example of why I will NEVER donate to any crowd-funded campaigns.

Last edited:

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The mindstream? Yes that's actually sad and from what I read it actually worked what a dissapointment would of been good for the hobby
Honestly that stuff would make me sweat though what if it got sand or rock captured under it and dragged it across the glass or got to close to the sand bed so many things this could fail at

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seriously. That article is like a paid advertisement. I think it is highly irresponsible for RB to produce an article like this to promote a company that has so many unhappy customers who are claiming they got scammed.

This is a prime example of why I will NEVER donate to any crowd-funded campaigns.
Yeah they even had claims filed against them in court which is why they are now refunding with a "cancellation fee" but how does one get that when they wont even contact back

I backed that jellyfish art company for a jellyfish tank and that was straight garbage

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah after reading the comments it's a bit strange to me RB is promoting this.

SAWFISH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am glad someone else posted this here.

Quoting from the article "Moai has actually been fairly diligent at posting general updates about their progress with great details about what they’ve been up to"

I laughed when I saw this quote, because I was aware of the complaints of horrible communication and limited contact investors had with the company. Really poor journalism on the part of RB in my opinion. Either RB is out of entirely out of touch with what is actually happening, or they are outright lying about Moai.

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am glad someone else posted this here.

Quoting from the article "Moai has actually been fairly diligent at posting general updates about their progress with great details about what they’ve been up to"

I laughed when I saw this quote, because I was aware of the complaints of horrible communication and limited contact investors had with the company. Really poor journalism on the part of RB in my opinion. Either RB is out of entirely out of touch with what is actually happening, or they are outright lying about Moai.
So close to almost backing that and decided to hold off best choice made. Half the pictures they post in these updates look fake

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been over four years since we first became aware of the Moai robotic glass cleaner and we’re happy to learn that this project is still alive. This exciting and ambitious aquarium device is not just an automatic algae scraper, but its built in webcam will also allow owners to stream video of their aquarium,…
Source

Continue reading...

Easily bought RB

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still get updates about every month with new pictures or videos. They are building something. I still have a sliver of hope that one day, I'll come home from work and there will be a delivery from China.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back