The mother lode of info about the Kessil A360WE Tuna Blue! | BRStv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mrpizzaface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We use 5x A360's and 4x T5 bulbs which is more than enough PAR for our pretty SPS dominant tank. You could add a 6th A360 if you wanted, and simply turn down the overall max intensity. :)
Thanks Randy, you are very helpful guy.

jumplittlechloe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We use 5x A360's and 4x T5 bulbs which is more than enough PAR for our pretty SPS dominant tank. You could add a 6th A360 if you wanted, and simply turn down the overall max intensity. :)

I have a 120 (48x24x24) with 3 kessil a360we in the middle of my canopy and 2 t5 retro on the sides (coral+ in front and blue+ in back). The kessils are 5" off the waterline. I have watched the videos above and the ULM videos where the lighting was chosen for each tank. My question is in regards to the lighting schedule (have mostly sps). I am running the following and was interested to hear your thoughts.

I run my peak lighting from 11:30 - 4:30 (5hrs)
- 4 hrs is at (80% intensity 40% color)
- 1hr is at (90% intensity 40% color)

My t5's run from 11:00 - 5:00 (6hrs)

Any thoughts/feedback are welcome. Just interested to see what may have worked for your tanks/setups.
Untitled 2.png

niQo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS
I realize this thread is about a year old, but I just can't figure out what the mounting hardware is called that you used to mount it from the ceiling. I'm having a hard time finding it locally. I've got the wire, I just need the part that allows you to adjust the height of the fixture and attaches the cable to the aluminum.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS
I realize this thread is about a year old, but I just can't figure out what the mounting hardware is called that you used to mount it from the ceiling. I'm having a hard time finding it locally. I've got the wire, I just need the part that allows you to adjust the height of the fixture and attaches the cable to the aluminum.

That was sort of a DIY fix that we used. Here is the timestamp in the video where I show how to connect the Reef Brite LED hanging kit to the included Kessil ring, so you can hang it from the ceiling. The Reef Brite kit includes the anchors you'll need to secure the cable to the ceiling. https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/led-bracket-hanging-kit-reef-brite.html

niQo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back