OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Super Bowl Sunday. Go Chiefs!!!! I not necessarily a Chiefs fan, but I have a lot of respect for the Coach, Andy Reid. He's paid his dues and I hope he gets his today.

Sonja

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, and the new one is going where the current system is. It ought to be fun.:D I believe i have it figured out... we'll see.
I had help with mine even though the new tank eventually went in a different spot, the amount of money I was spending was too much to screw it up on my own!!

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's the new tank.

Sonja

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's the new tank.

Very nice, plenty more fish room in that tank!

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a short clip of what my new tank will look like. It comes with satin white or black panels. I normally would take black but loved the white on this tank. Nice thing is that the panels are held on by magnets. If down the road I don't like the color, it would be easy to paint.

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of my new equipment that just came in for the new build (yes, i need to start a new build thread). Really pumped with new Hydros WaveEngine. It's going to allow me to get rid of 3 controllers and power bricks, along with a myriad of other features.

20200213_090709.jpg
edit: I held off getting the Flipper because I thought it was an insanely and ridiculously priced, $39.99. I went cheaper and the scraper i got just didn't work well. Got the Flipper and used it yesterday. OMG, this thing is worth every penny.

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke with Eddie at Mode Aquariums last night and after much delay, he tells me my tank will definitely be sent on Monday. :rolleyes: I will be making my control cabinet this next week. I'd rather just buy it, but at $400 from Marine Depot, I think i'll make it. I can do it with one sheet of birch plywood ($55). I'll be integrating a power strip with rocker switches on the cabinet. It'll be so nice to be able to control each piece of equipment individually.

I'll be starting a new build thread once I get the tracking # from Mode. Here's hoping.

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was quie a ride.
It's been a while since I checked up on this build.
I just finished reading all 8 pages and it appears that I've decided to comment at just the right time.

I was really enjoying the old tank but i understand wanting what you want.
Happy new build!

thanks.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
here, going to start reading tomorrow :)

Robertellis30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of my new equipment that just came in for the new build (yes, i need to start a new build thread). Really pumped with new Hydros WaveEngine. It's going to allow me to get rid of 3 controllers and power bricks, along with a myriad of other features.

20200213_090709.jpg
edit: I held off getting the Flipper because I thought it was an insanely and ridiculously priced, $39.99. I went cheaper and the scraper i got just didn't work well. Got the Flipper and used it yesterday. OMG, this thing is worth every penny.
Flippers are worth the price!

did you every set up a refugium in your sump? I’m contaplating on the waterbox 60.2 or the Red Sea 200xl.

gray808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, this may be late, but I read this with great interest, as I think I am going to start my reef career with the 60.2.

It seemed to me things were going well, then it was "nope, it won't work, making a new one".

What happened in the background to sour you on it?

--Gray

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, this may be late, but I read this with great interest, as I think I am going to start my reef career with the 60.2.

It seemed to me things were going well, then it was "nope, it won't work, making a new one".

What happened in the background to sour you on it?

--Gray

What happened was what happens to many of us when we get into this hobby: we found we needed a bigger tank. lol I found a real interest in wrasses and this system wouldn't allow me to house them.

Although, I will say, I probably wouldn't have bought this system if i knew the published volume of water by Waterbox wasn't near the real volume that it actually contains. The published volume is 61.8 gallons and the real volume is about 44-45 gallons: DT 34G and sump 11G. I also decided i wanted a metal/aluminum stand.

The actual craftsmanship on the DT is very nice; and you will probably be very happy with this system if you know exactly what you are buying and it meets your needs.

You can hit my build thread and that will link you to my new system with further details.

thanks for looking.

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flippers are worth the price!

did you every set up a refugium in your sump? I’m contaplating on the waterbox 60.2 or the Red Sea 200xl.

Sorry, I didn't see your post until now as i have started a new build thread. No, I didn't start a refugium in my sump and while theoretically you could have one in this system, I don't think it would be practical. YMMV.

gray808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a real interest in wrasses and this system wouldn't allow me to house them.

Ohhhh. A six-line wrasee is on my list of candidate fish. I'd read that they would be ok with 55 gallons, I didn't think if it meant display tank or total volume. So, this probably wouldn't be a good tank for a Six Line?

:(

--Gray

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhhh. A six-line wrasee is on my list of candidate fish. I'd read that they would be ok with 55 gallons, I didn't think if it meant display tank or total volume. So, this probably wouldn't be a good tank for a Six Line?

:(

--Gray

Probably not, or the wrasse police will come and hunt you down. lol You are probably limited to a pink-streaked wrasse or possum wrasse.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back