The reef that shouldn't be (150g sps dom)

OP
OP
Alfie

Alfie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a new fishy this afternoon! Melanurus wrasse
1687054444851.jpeg

Just a in-bag pic for now it’s in the sand atm

Nice pal, cant go wrong with them i dont think :). I lost my cleaner wrasse Thursday after 3.5 years. I will need to get another at some point

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pal, cant go wrong with them i dont think :). I lost my cleaner wrasse Thursday after 3.5 years. I will need to get another at some point
These guys can get bully like so I do need to watch when I add all the other wrasse, but that’s about it. Nice size too.

Just a tip, the Labroides dimidiatus you’re looking for may bug your smaller fish

OP
OP
Alfie

Alfie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What two part do you use to boost pH? I am looking for a new two part that boost pH.

I use a British brand call Reef Zlements, not sure if its available to you sorry. They are fairly responsive on their facebook group though if you message them :)

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 18-46-31 APEX Fusion.png

I Have been home a few days this week with all the doors and window open hence the slight rise
This is awesome! Seeing this graph makes me want to dump the CaRx and go back to 2-part again! lol

That said, I'm on auto-pilot with the CaRx though -- don't touch anything for at least a year! I hate mixing jugs and deal with dosers but that's just me.

OP
OP
Alfie

Alfie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome! Seeing this graph makes me want to dump the CaRx and go back to 2-part again! lol

That said, I'm on auto-pilot with the CaRx though -- don't touch anything for at least a year! I hate mixing jugs and deal with dosers but that's just me.

I have been using this particular 2 part for well over a year, im at nearly 100ml of each a day which makes is quite expensive considering its about 4.5x concentrated to standard 2 part and I am putting in 2000ml of kalkwasser :/ I really should get a cal reactor but I know it will kill the ph :/

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using this particular 2 part for well over a year, im at nearly 100ml of each a day which makes is quite expensive considering its about 4.5x concentrated to standard 2 part and I am putting in 2000ml of kalkwasser :/ I really should get a cal reactor but I know it will kill the ph :/
Yes, you’ll likely drop to 8.1 peak (where I’m at). Below is a live shot — need to swap out the CO2 scrubber media this weekend to bring pH back to 8.3…

Attachments

• IMG_4690.png
    IMG_4690.png
    126 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
Alfie

Alfie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow - very impressive! I think you need more Apex gear? :p
I like all of it to be fair. However I wish I has bought the ati stratton lights and Im a bit annoyed neptune have stopped production of the wavs, will make it a nightmare for parts which undoubtedly I will need at some point

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back