The right light for Zoas

  • Thread starter Thread starter Labmaster
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
So, I keep hearing with proper acclimation to the light they'll accept about any lighting/tank position but what if you now realize you made some bad choices and didn't acclimate like you should have? Do you just leave them where they are and wait it out or what? They are pretty closed up and looking bleached. I've had them about 3 weeks and they popped out a new one a couple of days ago and looks like there is about to be another one. Sometimes they are slightly more open than shown in this picture but never super open.

IMG_7279.jpg
Your comment is a year old but I have this same issue and am curious. I put zoa frags in my tank from stores with very low light (my tank has acros at the top and the light is strong). Now they're closed up. Some have stayed closed up for weeks, even several months, while others have acclimated. I'm more careful now but not sure what to do about the ones that got burned.
 
Your comment is a year old but I have this same issue and am curious. I put zoa frags in my tank from stores with very low light (my tank has acros at the top and the light is strong). Now they're closed up. Some have stayed closed up for weeks, even several months, while others have acclimated. I'm more careful now but not sure what to do about the ones that got burned.
I have similar problems, maybe i must try target feeding with Seachem fuel.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new