The Scoop on Snails

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it comes to choosing your cleanup crew, there are lots of options. A well-rounded group should include a variety of different inverts, and perhaps a job specific fish or two. When it actually comes down to choosing these critters, the internet can give you a lot of variable opinions on which inverts are good, which ones are bad, and even what jobs they do (or don't). A lot of this confusion happens when things get mis-labeled, either by what they are, or where they came from, and both these situations can lead to some misunderstanding. When you buy your invertebrates from Quality Marine partners, you get the most experienced group of biologists, collectors, buyers, salespeople and all-around aquarium geeks on the planet ensuring what you order is what you get. When adding snails, it's important to add them before you need them. Reacting to a big algae bloom by blasting dozens of trochus snails into the tank will fix the problem, but then your snails will starve, die and cause a much bigger problem. Start early, start slowly, add more cautiously, and always, always ask for Quality Marine Inverts. Click here to learn more about the different snails to add

cover-snail-1-19-24.jpg

fishkat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it comes to choosing your cleanup crew, there are lots of options. A well-rounded group should include a variety of different inverts, and perhaps a job specific fish or two. When it actually comes down to choosing these critters, the internet can give you a lot of variable opinions on which inverts are good, which ones are bad, and even what jobs they do (or don't). A lot of this confusion happens when things get mis-labeled, either by what they are, or where they came from, and both these situations can lead to some misunderstanding. When you buy your invertebrates from Quality Marine partners, you get the most experienced group of biologists, collectors, buyers, salespeople and all-around aquarium geeks on the planet ensuring what you order is what you get. When adding snails, it's important to add them before you need them. Reacting to a big algae bloom by blasting dozens of trochus snails into the tank will fix the problem, but then your snails will starve, die and cause a much bigger problem. Start early, start slowly, add more cautiously, and always, always ask for Quality Marine Inverts. Click here to learn more about the different snails to add

cover-snail-1-19-24.jpg
Intetesting article! But you didn't put a photo of the Trochus snails!
fishkat

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back