OP
OP
Aleks

Aleks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is very bad weather, I sit at home.
But I saw how the set of T5 lamps shines, which I collected earlier this week, but the work did not allow me to see the entire cycle of the lamp work.
Today I saw everything clearly with my own eyes, I liked it, I will leave it unequivocally.

5 Blue plus ATI
3 Actinic ATI
1 Coral Plus ATI
1 Purple Arcadia (really liked her light, does not redden as ATI pink)

IMG_4092.JPG

OP
OP
Aleks

Aleks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody. Today we again switched off the lights in our village. But I'm already more than ready, not so long ago on the advice and with the help of my friends installed in the apartment
Uninterruptible power supply and voltage stabilization firm EATON. To him I connected the entire aquarium except for the DIUNA 10x54 T5 luminaire. So, when the lights were turned off, the aquarium worked without problems in the normal mode.
At the same time, on the EATON display, the work status was shown - 512 minutes. Great thing.

IMG_0358.JPG

IMG_0359.JPG

OP
OP
Aleks

Aleks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody. Circumstances have developed so I had to urgently make a replacement for the skimmer. On the rest of the situation - everything is not bad, only now the chalice does not feel well. Many began to lose tissue ..... I think that this is from the application of the chemistry of Fauna Marin. Now I've turned it off, I'll see how it goes.
I have been making corals of color for a long time into the system, 3 ml. Of each solution per day. More while I do not have versions.
On the weekend I plan to put a new coal and make a substitution for fresh water.

IMG_4233.JPG

IMG_4234.JPG

IMG_4236.JPG

austinl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is very bad weather, I sit at home.
But I saw how the set of T5 lamps shines, which I collected earlier this week, but the work did not allow me to see the entire cycle of the lamp work.
Today I saw everything clearly with my own eyes, I liked it, I will leave it unequivocally.

5 Blue plus ATI
3 Actinic ATI
1 Coral Plus ATI
1 Purple Arcadia (really liked her light, does not redden as ATI pink)

IMG_4092.JPG

What kind of program are you running with the lights?

Photo period length and any ramping periods?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love these photos!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Aleks

Aleks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Aleks

Aleks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small update. Yesterday received a new coral Tyree Pink Lemonade
From BigR Corals. Here are some quick photos

IMG_4443.JPG

IMG_4438.JPG

OP
OP
Aleks

Aleks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
....... thought for a long time and decided to write here ...... many of them face this, sooner or later, and such a battle can be both lost and won.
I will describe in detail my solution to this problem and perhaps this will help others, the solution solutions are of course invented not only by me, they are compiled from different sources of R2R, RC, Ultimate Reef.

And so ... ..all started after I noticed that the colors of my corals became faded and not contrasting, it was decided to load the jar with fish feeding, freezing + drying three times a day, 10 drops a day Polyp-Booster, and Reef-Roids .
This has borne fruit, the corals began to be painted in more contrasting and saturated colors, polypnost increased, new growth points appeared. Everything was not bad but the phosphates rose sharply, although the nitrate is not strong, apparently the performance of the reactor of the pellets was reflected in this. PO4 - 0.23 NO3 - 5
It was decided to replace GFO Rowafos in the reactor, but the dose was not brought to the required volume, but only 1/2, everyone knows that a sharp decrease in PO4 leads to fatal consequences ... ..
So in a week I reduced phosphates to 0.16, and a week later to 0.11. On this resource of antiphos was exhausted and its replacement was made fresh, while the feeding of fish remained unchanged, I needed to find a balance in this mode of feeding.
After replacing the GFO with a fresh one, after a while I saw that my phosphate levels had dropped to 0.07-0.08 without any negative impact on SPS. In about a week I found that the PO4 level was reduced to 0.03
During the same period, I saw a small focus of dino cyano, but did not attach much importance to it, such situations have been in my practice many times, I was not particularly worried, and related this moment to the fact that the time for replacement of DI cartridges with resin came, the output was stable 001.
After a while, the spot of cyano foci was already over the entire area of the bottom of the aquarium, nitrates and phosphates were no longer detectable by tests. I saw a dense carpet of cyano that began to perform the function of the filter, all the nutrients were absorbed by it. Obviously, there was an imbalance in the biology of the reef. Immediately add that the shading of the display did not work ......
This situation is certainly not happy, but not particularly frustrating, cyano is still a common thing and earlier I always managed to solve this problem pretty quickly. But the situation this time was clearly not simple.
It was decided to start an intensive and systematic fight against this muck.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back