The tank terror the sally lightfootcrab

savethe0cean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just brought in a beautiful fiji coral beauty about 3&1/2 inches to my 45g, previous tenants are 2 black occelaris a 3 stripe damsel, scoot blenny and a warpaint goby that is rarely seen. Along with 3 hermits and a slf who apparently began to think hes the alpha of the tank. From day one he was lunging at the blenny and even the clowns occasionally, after about a day anda half with the cb in im playing pubg as im dropping in i look ovee n see the crab lunge at the coral beauty and grab it by the fin. This was it, I totally lost it and destroyed the tank trying to get this scumbag. I finally tricked him n then immediately threw him into my green spotted puffer tank. Needless to say the crab doesnt think hes alpha anymore. Don’t let the crab appearance fool you slf crabs are a true menace. Reef safe NO let alone fowlr.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! That sounds like quite the adventure!

Scream Yes GIF by Hey Duggee

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just brought in a beautiful fiji coral beauty about 3&1/2 inches to my 45g, previous tenants are 2 black occelaris a 3 stripe damsel, scoot blenny and a warpaint goby that is rarely seen. Along with 3 hermits and a slf who apparently began to think hes the alpha of the tank. From day one he was lunging at the blenny and even the clowns occasionally, after about a day anda half with the cb in im playing pubg as im dropping in i look ovee n see the crab lunge at the coral beauty and grab it by the fin. This was it, I totally lost it and destroyed the tank trying to get this scumbag. I finally tricked him n then immediately threw him into my green spotted puffer tank. Needless to say the crab doesnt think hes alpha anymore. Don’t let the crab appearance fool you slf crabs are a true menace. Reef safe NO let alone fowlr.
Welcome!

Glad it all worked out! Your fish are lucky you are such an observant fish parent and rehomed SLF crab to other tank before someone died. Crabs going to do what crabs do in nature... I'm from MD where we steam them up with Old Bay spice and eat them... turning the tables on crabs <wink> I'm fairly certain my Emerald Crab ate two neon blue gobies I loved, but I can't prove it... small fish beware...

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My tank terror female clown had to be re-homed this weekend. I couldn't figure out why my prized rainbow Trachys hadn't been opening for months.... turned out that little jerk was biting them every time they started to expand.

My Royal Gramma is kind of a jerk too.... every time she sees me she grabs mouthfuls of sand and spits it on my corals. But she hasn't seriously damaged anything yet, so she gets to stay.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back