The Tiger Angelfish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tiger Angelfish is a striking species that is not commonly seen in the marine aquarium hobby. Originating from the waters of the Western Indian Ocean, this species is admired for its vibrant coloration and unique patterns. In aquariums, Tiger Angelfish require spacious tanks with plenty of hiding spots and live rock formations to mimic their natural habitat. They thrive in environments with stable water parameters and temperatures. As omnivores, their diet should consist of a variety of foods, including Gamma meaty frozen foods, foods with sponge and high-quality marine Nutramar Pellets. However, caution should be exercised when introducing them to reef aquariums, as they may nip at corals and other invertebrates. Additionally, Tiger Angelfish can be territorial, especially towards similar-looking species, so adequate space and careful selection of tankmates are essential for maintaining harmony in the aquarium.

1104824-3 2-8-24.jpg

Last edited:

Largeangels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have they been found in the Red Sea now? I thought it was East Africa and Madagascar they were found.

OP
OP
Nutramar Foods

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have they been found in the Red Sea now? I thought it was East Africa and Madagascar they were found.
Tiger Angelfish have a native range from South Africa to Madagascar and have not been spotted in the Red Sea.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back