The Traveling Bowfront

RStanley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I found a used 72 gallon Bowfront a few months ago and started gathering all the new equipment to upgrade from my IM 30.
798714A6-590D-458A-A3B7-F9AB45717720.jpeg

Got the tank up and running started moving all the fish then later the coral a bit at a time.
C3C47DF1-10C8-4467-BAC2-B55DA9660C57.jpeg

Well, life happens and my darling husband got a new job back home; 1800 miles away from where we were living at the time.
Two months later purchased a house and we moved the household; 21 year old autistic daughter, 2 dogs, a cat, 2 reef tanks, a lizard and 5 cars not to mention all our stuff. We are both retired military so moving is an art form for us at this point. Luckily, we are now home and not moving again for at least 10 years; and that will be across town not the country.
So, I get to start all over again. Tanks are now in a dedicated fish room. It was supposed to be a dining room but priorities right!
D6CFD8E3-A977-4EFA-95DB-528FA08314FB.jpeg

Our livestock is on its way from the fish/coral sitter so I have added a few fish that will get along with my babies that haven’t arrived yet.

OP
OP
RStanley

RStanley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have been having a problem with migraines for several years Turns out my blue tank lights trigger them; they are light triggered so this makes sense I guess. The 4 AI Prime’s on AB+ get it started in 15 minutes but my husbands gen 3 Radion (also on AB+) doesn’t seem to bother me until it does the thunderstorm setting. It has to be the lightning flashes.
I either need different lights or it is time to build a canopy for the bowfront to cover the lights.
Shouldn’t be too difficult to build; I’m handy with tools and have built more difficult things in the past. Definitely more in the budget than new lights.
Love my tank! Migraines won’t stop me!

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quarter Circle 92 gallon owner here, don’t think I could go back to a brick unless it were 300+ gallon size.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back