OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. They are almost completely covering the disc. Goal is simple, easy, inexpensive corals.
Nothing in here cost more than $30. Expect the Sunkist colony of 4. That was $40.

Duncan is a year old and was a tiny single stalk. Should be bigger but learned a lot that first year.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what 2 days of water temps near 90 do. Took a beautiful Duncan from looking like this.
IMG_0654.jpeg
To this
IMG_0655.jpeg

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mansions now has 3 beautiful rose bta’s. The clown is thrilled.

The green bta is in the caverns. When I get a chance to get him back in the anemone tank.

Super stoked. They are opening up and seemed to have picked at great location.
IMG_0675.jpeg

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update. Redid mantis. Dinos showed up and I wasn’t happy with the scape. Pulled most of the sand.

Tiger pistol is looking for a home but seems to have settled in. The clown has become aggressive since the new anemones have been in the tank.

Found a great deal for all 3 rainbow bta. always open to another.

Caverns is going well. No uglies yet. Almost 5 months in. Fingers crossed. Also got a beautiful mushroom colony from the same guy. Purple, green tie dyed looking. Super cool. Probably 20 mushys.
IMG_0684.jpeg
IMG_0683.jpeg

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the anemone tank has Dino’s. dang. I increased feeding
s to 5x daily. Trying to increase phos and nitrates.

I dont test so trying natural remedy first, increase phos thru increased feedings. Frozen pellet flake is fed

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dino’s seem to be slowly dying off. I’ve been blowing off the rocks and sand 2x daily. Feeding like crazy.

Dinos come back with the light going on. Die off every night pretty much. So glad. They are slimy and nasty. Hate that bubble that has those strings floating everywhere

leather coral isn’t a fan either. He’s been pouting for a few days now.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update time.

My 3rd k7 mini is here. Love these lights. Now the rbta tank is in the party. And my mixed is back to 2 of them. Much better light coverage with 2 on my tank.

Added some more mushrooms. A few Zoas. And a couple of simple sticks
image.jpg
image.jpg

Dinos are gone. Fast too. Less than a week. I know they were Dino’s. Snotty and air bubbles.

Now the tank is fuzzy. Both are due to extra feeding. Time to cut back slightly I guess
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 32

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update time.

My 3rd k7 mini is here. Love these lights. Now the rbta tank is in the party. And my mixed is back to 2 of them. Much better light coverage with 2 on my tank.

Added some more mushrooms. A few Zoas. And a couple of simple sticks
image.jpg
image.jpg

Dinos are gone. Fast too. Less than a week. I know they were Dino’s. Snotty and air bubbles.

Now the tank is fuzzy. Both are due to extra feeding. Time to cut back slightly I guess
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Those lights look good on your tank!

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added 2 bottles of Dinkins copepods and rotifers to the tanks. Turned the lights off for 30 min to let them find home. More biodiversity. Might go with amphipods next.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been dosing phyto from Dinkins daily. 5ml every evening. Don’t see a difference yet. i figure I’m feeding the pods at-a minimum. Haven't seen an explosion of pods yet. Sure they are there though. I’ve added 2 bottle of pods too.

I want to introduce some amphipods soon. I know i have some now. But biodiversity.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Quick update.

Mansions is looking awesome. All 3 bta are thriving. Zoas are looking amazing. Was a great thought to move zoas and shrooms from caverns.

Caverns is looking much better. It got a major case of the uglies. Fuzzy everywhere. Some Dino’s I think too. Just keep feeding heavy. No water changes. Used tap water for makeup after letting it stand for a day. Fuzzys are almost gone in 2-3 weeks. Not bad. Still some there but much less.

Acans do great in this tank. Zoas are looking much better. Lost one of my sticks in the algae bloom. Other one seems fine. It’s spreading on the plug.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been awhile since I posted.

Both tanks are still running well. The anemone tank has 5 rbta up from 3. They are slowly reproducing. Maroon clown loves them like his “precious “. Bites me when doing maintenance.

The mixed reef is starting to mature and show its growth. Zoa colony’s are starting to grow into one another. Mushrooms are splitting.

Acans doing ok. I lost one along with a small favia frag. They slowly melted away. Mushrooms and zoas flourish

Attachments

• IMG_0918.jpeg
    IMG_0918.jpeg
    340.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0919.jpeg
    IMG_0919.jpeg
    315.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0920.jpeg
    IMG_0920.jpeg
    301.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0921.jpeg
    IMG_0921.jpeg
    314.8 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a new pic. Tank is slowly coming along. Kinda fuzzy right now. It’s been a year since I started the tank.

Been through about 4 ugly phases. Each one was a fuzzy algae and lasted about 2-4 weeks. I firmly believe in “let the tank be.” I may cut down on feeding during these times. I do a good sized water change every 3-4 months. Don’t test other than salinity occasionally.
IMG_0972.jpeg

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty neat little set up you got there. Following to see more.

Suggestion: I cant help but notice your gravity fed ATO. With you having tall cabinets, would you consider placing a 5 gallon bucket or something of a similar container inside? Get a simple float valve and a small pump. Hang the valve off the top back glass, run a small tube into the back of the tank from the pump. You could store much more water in a larger container. This is what I did on my Biocube.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Suggestion: I cant help but notice your gravity fed ATO. With you having tall cabinets, would you consider placing a 5 gallon bucket or something of a similar container inside? Get a simple float valve and a small pump. Hang the valve off the top back glass, run a small tube into the back of the tank from the pump. You could store much more water in a larger container. This is what I did on my Biocube.

I live in a condo complex above someone. The tank couldn’t handle a 5 gallon overflow. Can’t risk it. I would if I t

I actually got rid of the gravity ATO. I just add about 1 1/2 cups a day in the morning. Cleaner look and easier than refilling the bottles every day or so.

OP
OP
tydeck

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

[URL yld

Thanks. I live in a condo complex above someone. The tank couldn’t handle a 5 gallon overflow. Can’t risk it. I would if I could be sure it would never overflow. The person below is a miserable person. Don’t want any interaction with her

I actually got rid of the gravity ATO. I just add about 1 1/2 cups a day in the morning. Cleaner look and easier than refilling the bottles every day or so.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back