The Ultimate Coral Room

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow very nice and cleanly done. If ur in the tri state area I would love to check this beast out

OP
OP
AcroFarmerRWB

AcroFarmerRWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a few days since the last update, painted a few things and got a few small things done!
Hopefully it will be plumbed this weekend!

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took off today and tomorrow so lots progress today, did some trim work and built the stands for the tanks!
Tomorrow I'm planning on painting the stands and plumbing!

The tubs are
16 feet long 4 foot front to back and 16" deep each and I have two, I have a third 6 foot ones I'm
Not setting up at the time but plan on it at some point!
IMG_2097.JPG

IMG_2098.JPG
Looks ace very cool. Looking forward to seeing more [emoji3]

300bowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bucket free auto water change, I'm going to have it setup to do 5g changes every day.
The system is 550g it will be about 150g a montg so about 36% system water changes every month

IMG_2323.JPG
That is a very interesting pump. I am curious to know how you hooked it up??? Is it going to pump new water from a storage tank into the tank while simultaneously pumping old water out of the tank???

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great setup, well planned excellent light choice. I use the Stenner for my water changes also, salinity stays right on the mark. I use a 50 gallon reservoir for fresh salt water. Want to watch this one to completion

Ezeke1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. I'm also interested in learning how the bucket free water change pump works!

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. I'm also interested in learning how the bucket free water change pump works!

You just make a bin of new salt water. The stenner dual head pump removes X amount of water from your sump to a drain, and at the same time replaces it with X amount of water from your new salt water reservoir. In this manner small water changes are done every day, instead of one large one every few weeks. Water parameters are altered in a less extreme fashion and the replenishment of trace elements and elimination of pollutants is still achieved. The stenner pump has a certain flow rate I believe, so you just power it on for so many minutes and you can calculate exactly how much water is changed each time.

That fish room looks amazing! I dig the light setup. Please do a walkthrough of the filtration, the skimmer looks sweet and I like the reactor bank. Keep up the amazing work!

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great.
I wish I could keep my fish room as they. So many changes over the years led to a complete mess!

OP
OP
AcroFarmerRWB

AcroFarmerRWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting out I have it running 5g per day pulling old water from one of the tubs on one side of the system to the drain and returning new water from my mixing station to the other tub on the other side.
Eventually I will be adding a smaller zoa system (3 30 breeders) and want to add another head to the dosing pump that will then run from the main tank to the zoa system with one head, from the zoa system to the drain with the next head then from the mixing station to the tank.

TechnicalFisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got everything plumbed and lights hung today, last big thing is finishing up electrical and hanging a door!

IMG_2298.JPG

Awesome thread, following. Can I ask what fitting you used to connect your PVC to the mur-lok to tie in your RODI to the water main?

TechnicalFisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks- not that one but in the pics that have your RODI unit in them, there's a fitting that goes from the PVC fitting (a 4-way) into a mur-lok valve that looks like it will then run into the RODI.
Been looking around for how to accomplish that, I've been using a rigged up male faucet connection that came with my BRS RODI unit but want a more permanent solution.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%

Back