The Waterbox 20

Matty-Ice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers! Now that I will be home for a bit I can finally stop lurking and do a small build thread for a Waterbox 20. I spent a long time trying to find a solid tank I wanted to use being that I live in a second story apartment.
A little back story: I’ve only had 1 other reef tank and it was a complete failure due to me not doing the proper research. I’ve owned 2 freshwater planted tanks that were quite successful. 3 years later I have now decided to attempt a reef tank again and will be posting regularly to this thread.

Here is what I have so far:
D8DB99C6-066B-4C3A-AFAE-9666075EF409.jpeg

Equipment:
Waterbox 20 Plus+
AI Prime 16 HD(Included)
InTank Media Basket Chamber 1
Reefbreeders Exo ATO
Jebao SLW-10
20 Lbs Marco Rock
Ocean Direct Live Reef Sand
Filter floss
Brightwell Ceramic Media
Chemi-Pure

If anybody has any suggestions or pro tips for the Waterbox AIO feel free to throw some advice my way!

OP
OP
Matty-Ice

Matty-Ice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sand and scape in. Everything ready to go minus setting up the ATO. Using a solid wood ikea stand instead of the Waterbox stand. Don’t know if I regret that or not.
B2889ACF-E5C1-4876-A3CF-B58A539F7A13.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

OP
OP
Matty-Ice

Matty-Ice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So new update: it seems once I put media in the InTank media basket it will cause my return pump to run dry and raise the level in the main display. Any advice on this?

termalene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stock pump? If so, try adjusting it to the lowest setting. If you're running the stock sponges in chamber 2, try taking them out to increase the flow in the back.

My WB20 is my first AIO and it can be tricky to get the flow right. I replaced the stock pump with a DCS-1200 and removed one of the sponges in chamber two so I can dial in the flow a bit easier/better.

OP
OP
Matty-Ice

Matty-Ice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stock pump? If so, try adjusting it to the lowest setting. If you're running the stock sponges in chamber 2, try taking them out to increase the flow in the back.

My WB20 is my first AIO and it can be tricky to get the flow right. I replaced the stock pump with a DCS-1200 and removed one of the sponges in chamber two so I can dial in the flow a bit easier/better.
Ok I will try that! Thanks for the advice!

Manonfire0815

Novice Reefer Striving For Greatness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and went with the filter socks and I can tell you that has been a pain. The tank clogs atleast once every three days and I have to keep a fresh filter sock on deck to quickly change it or it will run extremely low. I think WB should address this or stop shipping with the filter socks it's like a serious money grab and I wish I would have used a media basket instead. I had to remove all the sponges in order to fix the clog now running a skimmer and reactor along with the filter sock.

OP
OP
Matty-Ice

Matty-Ice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and went with the filter socks and I can tell you that has been a pain. The tank clogs atleast once every three days and I have to keep a fresh filter sock on deck to quickly change it or it will run extremely low. I think WB should address this or stop shipping with the filter socks it's like a serious money grab and I wish I would have used a media basket instead. I had to remove all the sponges in order to fix the clog now running a skimmer and reactor along with the filter sock.
Yeah I’m currently trying to figure out how to keep the pump from running dry with the media basket in.

Back