The worst bite ever experienced in our hobby?

  • Thread starter Thread starter vlangel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
In the mid 90's, a huge pet store opened in OKC with incredible saltwater fish. I bought a lionfish. The clerk filled a bag with water, then told me to hold the bag open while he netted the fish. He grabbed the underside of the fish to drop him in the bag upside down, careful to avoid the poisonous spines. You can probably guess where this is going. He stabbed my hand with the spines. We looked at each other, horrified, for about 10 seconds. Then he sprang into action and whisked me off to a sink to wash the wound. It was like a bee sting, I've had worse. I still bought the fish and I was amazed that I didn't get offered a discount. :confused:
 
Some may be able to remove an MP10 wetside before a large Peacock Mantis crosses a four foot tank through its tunnels and treats your finger like a giant hermit but it turns out I can't.


468B9816-54C5-4BF0-B85F-43747E0B14CD_zpsqomythuj.jpg



Cleaned up
94D0F22C-F285-4D4C-A6C8-3C6BE518125F_zpscl7yeod5.jpg
 
dang ! That Mantis strick looks bad ! iv'e only felt a little pain & surprise by a puffer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new