There is nothing to fear but.......

salinity now

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2024
Messages
154
Reaction score
85
Location
Topeka KS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought that a skimmer might, and I say might with great trepidation, solve my problems. As I learned right out of the box my Shark 300 showed me otherwise. Massive amounts of foam poring out from every crevice. So off to the web I go for answers. Break in period, maybe two weeks, large amounts of bacteria, stress coat, other chemicals including reef glue. One thing I've learned in reefing there is no panacea. Fish get sick, you scratch your head as to why. Sometimes there are no answers, but one thing is for certain, there is no be all end all solution to reef problems. Onward through the fog.

20250810_041604.jpg
 
I thought that a skimmer might, and I say might with great trepidation, solve my problems. As I learned right out of the box my Shark 300 showed me otherwise. Massive amounts of foam poring out from every crevice. So off to the web I go for answers. Break in period, maybe two weeks, large amounts of bacteria, stress coat, other chemicals including reef glue. One thing I've learned in reefing there is no panacea. Fish get sick, you scratch your head as to why. Sometimes there are no answers, but one thing is for certain, there is no be all end all solution to reef problems. Onward through the fog

I thought that a skimmer might, and I say might with great trepidation, solve my problems. As I learned right out of the box my Shark 300 showed me otherwise. Massive amounts of foam poring out from every crevice. So off to the web I go for answers. Break in period, maybe two weeks, large amounts of bacteria, stress coat, other chemicals including reef glue. One thing I've learned in reefing there is no panacea. Fish get sick, you scratch your head as to why. Sometimes there are no answers, but one thing is for certain, there is no be all end all solution to reef problems. Onward through the fog.

20250810_041604.jpg
I raised it up a tad hair bit and now it appears it is working as designed.
 

Attachments

  • 20250810_104513.jpg
    20250810_104513.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 25

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new