Thermos Shipping?

divecj5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to ship my first zoas in a couple of days and just wanted to get your takes on shipping methods...specifically thermos shipping.

I have already read the shipping spotlight and got some great info. from that thread regarding the traditional (water filled bags) and damp shipping methods. I was PMing back and forth with CoralNutz and I just wanted to see what sort of suggestions or experiences you all have had with thermos shipping. Specifically damp shipping in a thermos.

The piece that I am shippinp is a fairly large piece of tonga branch that is covered in orange zoas.

What sort of method would you suggest would work best. I have some styro boxes and could always grab a thermos. To me it sounds like shipping in a thermos is the way to go with a heat pack (I'm shipping from SC to RI) in the inside of the box, not the thermos.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Adam

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the weather right now I wouldn't add a heat pack to the package. I would just ship the coral in the thermos. I have done it both ways just water in the thermos and bagged in the thermos. Both of them work well.....Will start doing thermos now that it is getting hot out.

OP
OP
divecj5

divecj5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice...I think I will definitely go heat pack-less and just back the coral in some water and then place it in the thermos.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back