Thinking about collecting some wild sand today?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cracker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thanks for the reply ! So this mud looks like ,Well decide What it looks like. what surprises me is it has no smell. No earthy or sulfury smell. So one big piece goes into the 180 the 5 or so small chunks to the 75.
I'm trying to increase the biodiversity of beneficial bacteria to these 2 systems. it's all a big experiment for me. I consider this a poor Man's Miracle mud. So if Folks have no issue adding MM to their system( live mud ) What's the difference?
What's Your take on the concept?
How would You do it?
HPIM9147.JPG

I collect that stuff every couple of weeks in the summer. I thought everyone on the coast did. :D


High tide here the water is 8' deep. I collect amphipods and mud here but I am moving 60 miles east on Long Island and sent my boat there already so I will have to find more collecting places.

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new